We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel / Condo Suggestions

Which Kauai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Lyon, Michigan
reviews: 5
Hotel / Condo Suggestions

My wife and I are going to Kauai for a wedding in April 2007, can anyone suggest somewhere to stay.

California
reviews: 12
1. Re: Hotel / Condo Suggestions

Do you have any budget limitations? Are there any requirements for your lodging? Need a bed? Pool? ;)

Gig Harbor...
reviews: 76
2. Re: Hotel / Condo Suggestions

The Grand Hyatt Resort is the luxury choice of many. Beautiful grounds, large free form pool, luxe furnishings and high style.

If you want a condo that is more laid back, the Kiahuna Plantation is on a very nice beach and has nice grounds. The Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club is next door and shares the beach and is a newer property.

Also very nice are the Embassy Vacation Resort condos, next to the Hyatt.

Of the above I would pick the Hyatt for luxury, the Kiahuna for value and beach, and the Embassy as sort of in between with more space and more upscale condos.

Coarsegold...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Hotel / Condo Suggestions

You didn't say where the wedding is, but for a Poipu/south shore condo I'd suggest PRINCE KUHIO ($150-175/night for 1 BdRm with full kitchen; we stayed in #213) or the little nicer and Very Oceanfront KUHIO SHORES ($175-$200/night) just across the street. They are 5-10 mins. drive west from the Grand Hyatt resort, and next to one of the best snorkeling beaches in Kauai (Lawai beach, in front of the Beach House resturant, good for sunset dinner &/or drinks). You can Google search either for rental website links.

If the east/Coconut Coast will work for you, we've enjoyed the Kauai Coast Resort (at the "Beachboy," name of hotel converted to time-share condos) in Kapa'a. It has clean, nicely decorated rooms, and pool & hot-tub on a coconut palm covered beach. A sofa-bed in living room, full kitchen, and laundry room were included in our air-conditioned 1 BdRm condo ($195-225/night) with oceanview lanai/patio. Many shopping and dinning choices are right next door at the Coconut Marketplace; this outdoor mall even has a multi-screen movie theater.

Enjoy the wedding... and Aloha!

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
reviews: 8
4. Re: Hotel / Condo Suggestions

Wedding accomodations:

lots of good info from the other posters, but much depends on what you like and want, and what price range you are looking for.

Do you like hotels, or rather have the privacy of a condo, and actually feel like you are living on the island.. Planning on eating all of your meals out, or do you want to BBQ , or cook some meals at home ?

Do you want to stay up north in april, or down in Poipu ( south ) ? Where are the rest of the wedding party guests planning on staying , or are you the vangard for the festivities.

You are going to have fun with your selecting, and planning. Couldnt think of a more appropriate and beautiful place to get married. Great choice of islands.

Please pick up a copy of the ULTIMATE KAUAI GUIDE BOOK at your local book store. Lots of help prior to , and while you are on island. You are going to love KAUAI !!

Denny

Montana
5. Re: Hotel / Condo Suggestions

Just returned from the Marriott Waioahi beach club. (condo) Nice place and new. If you want to stay at a condo, its awesome. We barbqued a couple of nights, was a different vacation experience for me but had our kids along and was alot of fun. It also has a bar right on the beach by the pool and a resteraunt, concierge, ect so not completely on your own. We have also stayed at the Hyatt. Really nice but a different experience. Depends on what you want. Lots of kids and familys at the Waioahia more romantic at the Hyatt. I did enjoy having a refridgerator. Kauai is the most beautiful island but also the rainiest. I would stay on the south side because it is suppose to be the sunniest. We had rain for all 7 days we were there. In fact the only reason I had my suit on was to go swimming. The temp was still warm. The Waioahi has a great heated pool. Both of these places are on the south side of the island. We got all the rain on our vacation so I am sure you will get lots of sunshine!

El Cerrito CA
6. Re: Hotel / Condo Suggestions

Hi,

I can only make one suggestion since years ago I found paradise. Each year I return to the beautiful island with Hale Makai Cottages in mind. It is an oceanfront property that houses five small cottages. Perfect for any type of vacation. I bring my entire family including grandkids. We have stayed in all the cottages and find that there is no better place to stay. The cottages are located in Haena which is about 10 minutes from Hanalei so they are very private. We can cook, swim, snorkel and entertain our entire group feeling as if we own the property.

I would definetely recommend this place

Hale Makai Cottages

Sallyann