We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving Recommendations

Which Kauai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
Scuba Diving Recommendations

My wife and I are going in a few weeks to Kauai and staying at the Hyatt. I was planning on doing some SCUBA diving and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a dive shop/tour for several days of diving (probably some boat and some beach).. Also, what are dive conditions on Kauai this time of year (Mid Feb).

Thanks for the input.

-Mike

Kauai / Los Angeles
1. Re: Scuba Diving Recommendations

Fathom Five is in Koloa, very close to the Hyatt. They're a great company, very professional with a lot of personal attention. They also have one of the longest pre-dive briefings I've ever had to endure!! Zzzzzzz....

Expect a 2 tank dive to be expensive - $107 to be exact. They may knock a few bucks off if you dive several days with them. Bring your own gear if you have it, and they will provide tanks and weights. They can also hook you up with shore diving.

Mid February conditions should be fine on the south shore unless a storm comes through. The water may be a bit on the cold side so a 3mm shorty or full suit will come in handy. Have fun!

Ottawa, Ontario
reviews: 2
2. Re: Scuba Diving Recommendations

I will agree with Kwils on what he has said. He hooked up with me and we dove with Fathom Five in Oct. You most likely will want a wet suit, and maybe even thicker than a 3 mil one. Once home I took the time to read up on the staff at Fathom Five, very interesting staff. www.fathomfive.com, check them out. (I think I got a bottom temp of 75F on one dive)

photos from underwater Kauai at

http://tinyurl.com/bgm8x

Have fun, wish I could join you.

Austin, TX
3. Re: Scuba Diving Recommendations

Thanks for the recommendations.. great photos too. I booked some time with them during my stay there. I'll let you know how it was.

-Mike