We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai in February

Which Kauai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 1
Kauai in February

Hi, we are planning our honeymoon in Hawaii, on the 8-15 of February.

Can anyone give a piece of advice on the actual picture during this time. I believe the best place would be southern coast of the island to avoid rainy weather... We are really hoping to have a nice intimite time there. I was actually a bit surprised to read that Feb is considered a high-season.. It is very crowded and expensive during this time???

Thank you much!

Michigan
1. Re: Kauai in February

<<It is very crowded and expensive during this time???

We normally chose that time to go and love it. It seems to be winter break for some areas and we actually use to plan it that way with our daughter. Also, Valentines day and Presidents day (why Presidents day I don't know but for some reason it is busy)

We also stay on the South side in Poipu. ONE great thing about then is the whales - they are breaching all over the South side at that time.

California
reviews: 88
2. Re: Kauai in February

Yes Feb. can be busy, but I don't think you will feel like it is crowded in the very least.

Tourism is down and there are still deals to be had. If you want a hotel experience I would recommend The Grand Hyatt or Marriott Kauai Beach Resort. The Sheraton has been showing some "deals" too. Another route to go is renting a condo. You could save some money going this way as you could cook a few meals in. Kuhio Shores, Poipu Shores and Whaler's Cove are all right on the water. Feb is prime whale watching season.

Here are some websites for you to check out:

summitpacific.com/hawaii/vacation-discounts/

http://kauai.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

http://www.kauaidiscovery.com/virtual_kauai_tour/hanalei+princeville+kilauea/

www.wizardpub.com/kauai/kauaerials.html

www.kauaiworld.com/ek/pages/ekpage21.html

3. Re: Kauai in February

We were on Kauai the last two weeks of Februayr 08 and it was indredible. A perfect vacation. I would choose this time again.

SunNut

4. Re: Kauai in February

Wow, great typing. Anyway, we were on the north shore and saw breaching whales at the lighthouse.

SunNut

San Francisco...
5. Re: Kauai in February

Thank you so much! Very inspirational!

California
reviews: 88
6. Re: Kauai in February

Yeseniya:

Since you live so close to me (I will be in Oakland for dinner tonight :) ) do you know about the great offer on Hawaiian Airlines? If you purchase your tickets by Dec 12th (friday) you will receive a $100 ECertificate good for traveling through next Dec. We just booked a trip to Kauai for May and only booked through to HNL. We will use the ECertificate for interisland when they transfer the certificate into my Hawaiian Account in 10 days. If you are not a member it is so easy to sign up and you also get $10 off your OAK/SJ/SFO to HNL flight. The fares from SFO are less than OAK by the way.

Congratulations and have a wonderful honeymoon.

San Francisco...
7. Re: Kauai in February

I just decided to post my feedback on tri to Kauai in february. A bit too late... but hey it is better late than never ;)

We had a wonderful-wonderful honeymoon! Kauai is in fact great place for those who seeks solitude and romance. I loved it there. And it is true that you can always avoid rain when you go to the other side of the island. It takes an hour or so to reach southern coast from northern.

Well, a bit of details. We stayed at teh private property in the Northern part of Kauai. It is very beautiful area. We loved it there. The weather was mostly nice. We did had few rainy days, but it was not a big deal. Just head south!!!! Winter offes dramatic scenes though - huge waves and lonely beaches at the northern coast! Cooler weather also gives yo time to expore the island. I doubt we would have much time to visit to so many amazing places if the weather was warmer. We would probably stay moe at the beach snorkling.Well, this is why I rally want t go back to Kauai in summer.

To sum up - Northern coast of Kauai in winter is worth visiting. You can find lots of things to do there! But go back in summer to swimm there!!!

8. Re: Kauai in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 02, 2010