We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

big water bottle carriers

Which Kauai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Henryville...
big water bottle carriers

can you get big water bottles at Walmart in Lihue? i mean the water bottle carriers, they are like a wetsuit material and they have a strap? i have heard we will need a lot of water to drink...but i hate to cart all that stuff to Hawaii. if i can buy stuff there, i can send it home in a package, and not carry it home in my luggage..

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
reviews: 2
1. Re: big water bottle carriers

It might be easier for you to get a Camelbak, a backpack with a water bladder inside - it will pack flat and not take up much room in your luggage, but will be easy to carry around with you. They make all shapes and sizes, and stores like EMS and REI have their brand that are cheaper than the Camelbak. Check out www.rei.com for more details.

Henryville...
2. Re: big water bottle carriers

Like i mentioned, i don't want to cart it TO the island with me. it will take up too much room, i want to buy something when we get there. just want to know if they have anything at Walmart..

pennsylvania
3. Re: big water bottle carriers

We're planning to bring one of our CamelBaks with us, as blueflamingo suggested, on our trip later this month. It won't take up any room in our luggage since we have one of the mid-sized daypacks that includes a two liter water bladder [it's the trailblazer style which I think they still make] so we'll be able to use it as a carry-on bag. We will probably take the actual bladder out for the plane trip over, but since it's about the size of a pair of undies I'm not too worried about the space it'll take up in the suitcase. ;)

The pros are that it keeps the water cool and we don't have to haul around water bottles dripping with condensation. We can keep extra water in the car to refill the bladder when/if we need it. It's a nice plus for me that my husband carries the pack [mine is a smaller water-only with a pocket style for hiking] so I don't have to fuss with carrying anything. We don't plan to do a huge amount of hiking on our trip to Hawaii, but we have it already so figured we might as well use it. For us the CamelBaks work well since we tend to do quite a bit of hiking, but if you don't do much hiking [or already own other gear for when you do hike] then it's probably not worth looking into as they can be a bit pricey and some people find the bite nozzle to be a bit odd to deal with.

As for whether or not you can get a sling for your water bottle after you've arrived, I can't answer that since my first trip is later this month. We're planning to do much the same that you are -- buy what we can when we get there [Big Island / Maui for us] and send it home. I'm sure that someone will be able to give you the scoop though.

Kauai, Hawaii
reviews: 12
4. Re: big water bottle carriers

You can buy anything in Kauai that you would buy at home at WalMart, K-Mart, Long's Drug, ABC and General Whaler's stores. What you do not want to carry back home, donate to the Kauai Animal Shelter Thrift Shop in Lihue.

Henryville...
5. Re: big water bottle carriers

Oh yeah. i am an animal person..