We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

Alaska
reviews: 6
Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

Quick question.........is there a really good Chinese restaurant in Kona? Forgive my ignorance because I'm not at all familiar with the dining options. My parents have been staying in Kona and have six nights left and my dad really just wants some awesome Chinese food. I told them I would hit up the Big Island forum and let them know by tomorrow. They have very simple needs.....thanks in advance for your help! Deb

Keaau, Hawaii
reviews: 97
1. Re: Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

The closest decent Chinese restaurant to Kona is in Honolulu.

Hilo, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 4
2. Re: Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

Good one!

I wondered where because they sure aren't here.

Although I used to have Oakland's Chinatown to choose from, which had so many fine choices, that it wouldn't be fair to expect Kona to wow me.

Alaska
3. Re: Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

Thanks.......I figured if there was any hope, I would get my answer on this forum! Too bad they don't like sushi cause they would possibly be in luck! Deb

P.S. My parents were married on Oahu in 1958 and used to eat at some awesome hole in the wall Chinese restaurants there back then!

Kona
reviews: 36
4. Re: Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

Backpacker LOL - and it's true! We have no good Chinese restaurants - they're all mediocre to bad. The only thing remotely close might be Panda Express (the chain) because at least the ingredients are fresh. They're in the same Kailua-Kona shopping center and Sports Authority, PetExpress, etc.

San Jose, California
reviews: 8
5. Re: Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

Not Chinese, but Lemongrass Bistro was really good last week, it's Thai food. Maybe that's close enough?

Alaska
6. Re: Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

Thanks Simbot! I will suggest that to them or tell them to go to their usual spot when they get home! A reason for mom to be happy she's home again......Deb

Medfield...
reviews: 44
7. Re: Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

Check out Orchid Thai. Not Chinese but good,

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
reviews: 69
8. Re: Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

Well, ok, since we've stopped talking Chinese....Original Thai is the best Thai restaurant on the island, IMO.

9. Re: Best Chinese Restaurant in Kona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 18, 2014