We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairwinds or Sea Quest

Reisterstown MD
reviews: 5
Fairwinds or Sea Quest

Anyone have any preference over these two tours out to Kealakekua Bay?

Palm Springs...
reviews: 68
1. Re: Fairwinds or Sea Quest

Fairwinds is a large 100 passenger party boat to the bay with burgers and beer and gear..water slide does one stop only about $109 @

three other Choices...Sea Quest and Dolphin Discoveries and Capt Zodiac These are all 28 ft RIBS, Sea Quest takes 8 to 12 in an open boat, emphasis is tour and snorkel with 0ne guide 2 stops. snacks and gear

Dolphin takes 6 to 12 in boats with cover, focus is Tour- nature and snorkel , has 2 guides does 2 stops guides are certified.

Zodiac leaves north of kona so 2/3 the trp is travel... emphasis is thrill and party does 2 short stops due to travel distance

The latter small boats all charge about the same....90 morning 60 afternoon

After several years goind doen there My choice... for me.. is Dolphin Discoveries and no they are not in the Blue Book..proably because they didnt pay to be.

Lincoln, Nebraska
reviews: 8
2. Re: Fairwinds or Sea Quest

Had a great time with Fairwinds. Crew encourages everyone to play at one's own comfort level - snuba, snorkel, innertube, whatever, just have safe fun. What little alcohol we saw consumed was on the return voyage (this was the morning cruise, of course). HawaiiDan makes the correct point: choose the one that sounds most in line with your tastes, then go have fun.

California
reviews: 20
3. Re: Fairwinds or Sea Quest

i also did fairwinds, and i'm not really a party boat kinda guy, but i had a great time.

i feel pretty comfortable recommending them. they bbq and pretty much have a full bar, which was really nice - especially the bbq part.

it was actually a pretty laid back/relaxing atmosphere - they also have a waterslide and diving board - i used neither, but they're there.

and, the blue book's reviews of kealakekua bay trips by boat is fairly spartan in general, which may explain why some companies are omitted. i don't think they require tribute to get your name in their book.

Reisterstown MD
reviews: 5
4. Re: Fairwinds or Sea Quest

Thanks all for your input. I just booked Fairwinds as I am not a snorkeler and am going along for my husband and two teenagers. The floats were most appealing to me!!