We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Luau on Big Island

Weiser
reviews: 15
Best Luau on Big Island

We'll be on the BI May 5-19. Listed in order, what would be the best luau to attend? Please include your good and bad comments. Which one is actually on the beach?

Island of Hawaii...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Best Luau on Big Island

The luau at the Kona Village has been voted the best for years, though there are some people mentioning the luau at the new Sheraton being very good too. (I haven't seen it yet.) Should you prefer something lower priced you have two options, Royal Kona Resort and King Kamehameha Beach Hotel. (I think both are very touristy.)

Palm Springs...
reviews: 68
2. Re: Best Luau on Big Island

Sheraton $60 to 78

Kona Village * open guests limited 75-80

Fairmont 100

Royal Kona overlooking coast60-70

outrigger 80

Marriott 79

Island Breeze King Kam. on the beach 65-79

Hilton 75

Island of Hawaii...
reviews: 24
3. Re: Best Luau on Big Island

Island Breze Production moved its show to the Fairmont Orchid, effective March 25. It's called the "Gathering of the Kings" and supposedly it is a vast improvement from their previous show. They already had one unannounced show for some invited hospitality professionals and business people and someone I know who was there was raving about it.

Colorado
reviews: 8
4. Re: Best Luau on Big Island

We attended the Royal Kona Resort and had a blast. I don't think it's considered very highly but we were well fed, free flowing drinks made for lots of merry and the entertainment was great...

J

Palm Springs...
reviews: 68
5. Re: Best Luau on Big Island

island breeze is still at the King Kam... but as TT mentioned the production company has startes a second,,,,, at the Fairmont, it is the most expensive luau in Hawaii with ratespushing $100.... thats 33% more than most

Redding, California
reviews: 5
6. Re: Best Luau on Big Island

Went to the Island Breeze Luau last summer, and it was really kinda silly. Especially at one point where they said they were going to play an old Hawaiian classic, and then played "My Girl" I'm sure it was suppose to be funny( I hope) but it was quite cheesy!!! The food wasn't as bad as the entertainment, though! And the drinks were pretty good, especially after having several.