We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B.I. Nude Beaches??????

Tucson, AZ
reviews: 1
B.I. Nude Beaches??????

Hope a local expert can help us with this one. We are headed to the B.I. and need to find nude beaches. Please help..... ;>)

Pahoa HI
1. Re: B.I. Nude Beaches??????

Kehena beach on the Kalapana coast in Puna is quite well known, small, but secluded, very popular, crowded on weekends.

Palm Springs...
reviews: 61
2. Re: B.I. Nude Beaches??????

It is not legal here.... and the locals are most insulted by the practice.... If you do please do it away from everybodys view

It is not a popular. On the puna beach mentioned, last year some locals were shooting at the bathers with BB guns according to a news article.

Island of Hawaii...
reviews: 24
3. Re: B.I. Nude Beaches??????

It's not legal but tolerated. Kehena Beach is unofficially a "clothing optional" beach, you will find nikkeds and clotheds too. As Dan pointed it out, the locals don't like to see the nikkeds. Another beach with nikkeds is Beach 69 in South Kohala.

carmel
4. Re: B.I. Nude Beaches??????

Aloha BB, the Hawaii Naturalist Society has a web site and a list of nude beaches. Although illegal on public property... out of sight it is permitted. Same here in Calif.

Island of Hawaii...
reviews: 24
5. Re: B.I. Nude Beaches??????

Sorry bbck, don't believe everything you read. It is not permitted anywhere in Hawaii. In fact, the police was arresting nikkeds at the Pines, another known nikked beach before construction for a new subdivision began there a few months ago.

Honolulu, Hawaii
6. Re: B.I. Nude Beaches??????

BBCK...

The naturalists were being a little too cute with their phrasing.

Since all beaches in Hawaii are public, there are no "private" ones to go be nekkid on regardless of the amount of screening available.

And, or course, you are allowed to be as nude as you please on private property if well screened; as is true anywhere else.

carmel
7. Re: B.I. Nude Beaches??????

Aloha, right tt and amber, discretion is what defines nude bathing. Take it to some remote spot and take your chances.

Palm Springs...
reviews: 61
8. Re: B.I. Nude Beaches??????

Cross off beach 69.......it noe has a paved parking lot and new restgrooms.. and the county is building a park here.... lets see how long the dirtbags here take to trash it.