We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are gas prices up to now?

New York, NY
What are gas prices up to now?

...for unleaded...

Palm Springs...
reviews: 62
1. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

Hi

It is cheaper than a lot of Calif.

Lowest price is 2.89 highest is 3.09.

this is as of today, it has gone up 6 cents this week.....

I expect it to rise to about 3.50 by dec.

New York, NY
2. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

Thanks HD - that is cheaper than I expected since even Connecticut gas prices are nearing the $2.90 mark for unleaded...

carmel
3. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

Aloha Whart, Hawaii froze the gas price at $3.00 during the last gas crisis and will probably do the same this time. Word here in Calif where we are at 2.90 is after labor day prices should come down.

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 5
4. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

Gas prices a problem?

Just wait until your property taxes & homeowners insurance begin reflecting sky-rocketing real estate prices (HANG ON)!

Palm Springs...
5. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

There will be no gas price freeze here because the state decided to tell the gas companies they have a cap on prices and that they can't exceed 30 cents a gallon instead, Way to smart.

Now, gas in So cal,in San Diego, is costing $3.00 a gallon and even higher in other place there ( as of today).

This means that the state has authorized a 30 cent a gallon immidiate rise to the dealers..... so that means our 2.89 will jump to 3.30 thanks to the new law.....

Palm Springs...
6. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

with regard to property tax and insurance........ I own a home here valued twice that of my former southern Cal. home...

And here I pay 66% less of the realestate taxes and 15% less homeowners ins with hurricane insurance...... than I did in So cal.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 1
7. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

Am here now. East side is still les, but not by much as folks want to say they are under $3 at @2.9999999.if you get my drift. $3.06 for unleaded but this could change as we e-speak.

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 5
8. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

HD,

Looks like HI & NM are close on property tax rates (as % of assessed valuation). Better "Knock on Wood; our Assessor has observed that rates have lagged value gains to the point of a 40% boost in taxes is "justifiable" (but in the interest of affordability, the procees will be spread over two years: Mr. Nice Guy). If it's 40% here, would think much MUCH more where you are.

We go through about 1,000 gassons of gas a year; an extra buck isn't nearly as much as a property tax increase of the magnitude being discussed.

There was an article in one of the business rags I subscribe to awhile back: Many of the Corporate "how to stick it to your employee/retirees/unions/lease holders" Consultants are now branching-out into the realm of City/County "taxation enhancement". Doubt it means good news for John Q Public!

carmel
9. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

Aloha HD, I agree with K about your taxes. You have told us your home is new or a recent remodel. Just wait the prop taxes will catch up. A good Hawaii property deal is an oxymoron. Just ask the foreing investors who have lost billions.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 1
10. Re: What are gas prices up to now?

Update from Kona: Well, I can't comment on property taxes or gas freezes, but the best deal I saw (there may be others) north Kona side is Costco $2.68. Convenient for rental car drivers as it is close to the airport when returning your car.