We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab

Which Augusta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
reviews: 61
cab

Staying in Thomson. How much would a cab cost too drop me off. Or,is there a spot I could park and grab a taxi to course

Augusta, Georgia
reviews: 100
1. Re: cab

Masters parking is FREE!

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
2. Re: cab

thanks for prompt response--i cant get there till 9AM and have a back issue--so if theres long lines waitig for a shuttle im in trouble.Do youthink i can just arrive at 9 and be able to just walk in--thanks

Edited: 5:22 pm, April 08, 2013
Collierville...
3. Re: cab

I have a related question. I was planning on dropping off my husband for the tournament on Sat and Sun (I don't have a ticket!) and was wondering if gate 6 and 9A are the best places to drop him off, or would it be better for me to drop him off in a parking lot (like a grocery store) and let him walk across the street at the pedestrian crossings. If so, could you recommend a place for us to do so? We have never done this before, and are just not sure of the logistics. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 59
4. Re: cab

Thomson is 30 miles away so it will cost a fortune.

I drove by this morning (on I-20) and traffic to exit was backed up for miles.

Washington Rd exit was closed and everyone had to use the Riverwatch Parkway exit.

However much it will cost in mileage, I bet you'll double that sitting in traffic.

Arriving at 9 may be better in the long run.

Georgia
reviews: 67
5. Re: cab

If you are heading towards Augusta, drop him off in front of Jays Music (big white building with a huge water tank across the street). If you are heading away from Augusta, pull into the large shopping center across the street from the water tower.

Georgia
reviews: 67
6. Re: cab

Staying in Thomson and want a cab? There are no cab companies in Thomson BUT!!! go over to the White Columns Best Western Hotel in the midst of all the hotels. They operate a shuttle to the course (NOT just for their hotel guests). An easy way to get to the course.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
7. Re: cab

Great. That's where we are staying. Thanks so much

Augusta, Georgia
8. Re: cab

There was no shuttle for general parking. Only for the handicap lot. We arrived at 8:30-9 am and were packed in back C lot. Quite a long walk to gate 6A.

Cops were not letting cars stop by the Music store. You can drive pass the traffic light and quickly drop off you passenger. Easy walk to gate 6A

Augusta, Georgia
9. Re: cab

Washington Rd exit (199) is closed till 10 or 10:30 am. Open afterwards.

Collierville...
10. Re: cab

Thank you!!