We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to meet longer-term volunteers in Ceiba?

Which La Ceiba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Where to meet longer-term volunteers in Ceiba?

Hi, I'm headed out to Ceiba soon and will be there for at least a few weeks and possibly several months. Are there hotspots where international volunteers tend to hang out (cafes/restaurants)? What is the best way to meet new people safely once I'm in La Ceiba? To be clear, I'm looking for places to make friends .. not in search of anything sexual.

I will be staying with a homestay family to begin with.

La Ceiba...
reviews: 69
1. Re: Where to meet longer-term volunteers in Ceiba?

Hello Lishi: The cafe Ki Bok in downtown La Ceiba is an excellent option to meet volunteers this is a favorite get together spot for many of them during lunch time. Another option that has lost some popularity is the expatriates bar and grill. Finally in the Cangrejal River Watershed you can meet people at Omega Tours jungle lodge. They have a really nice restaurant bar and they usually have several foreign guides working there for several months. All three options mentioned are very safe!

Santa Monica...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Where to meet longer-term volunteers in Ceiba?

Lishi,

Where and what org are you volunteering at?? I am looking for some good recommendations...

3. Re: Where to meet longer-term volunteers in Ceiba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 11, 2014