We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best vacation spot in Honduras

Which La Ceiba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santee, California
reviews: 64
Best vacation spot in Honduras

I have looked at la Ceiba but wonder if there are homes for rent for 6 months of the year up in the higher elevations. Also is La Ceiba good for snorkelling as if not does that mean a trip to Utila?

I am trying to find a good place to relocate with low crime but think it might be difficult to be other than a snowbird due to weather.

I would appreciate anybody's advice. Also is it possible to rent a car there and with whom? Cost of living - is it inexpensive. I see the vacation villas are quite expensive for long term stays.

I didnt want to relocate to a large city but enjoy more of an artistic village type atmosphere as well as snorkelling. Thanks.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 137
1. Re: Best vacation spot in Honduras

No snorkeling (unless you go by boat) from La Ceiba which is a fairly large city and HOT - you'll have to look at the islands (Utila, Roatán, Guanaja) for snorkeling.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
reviews: 197
2. Re: Best vacation spot in Honduras

yes i think the islands are what you're looking for.

3. Re: Best vacation spot in Honduras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 06, 2012