We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few Copan questions, thanks for answering

Which Copan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
A few Copan questions, thanks for answering

Hello,

I am interested in finding out a little bit of information about some activities at Copan. Any help would be appreciated:

1) I've seen many sites talking about the coffee plantations where you can go through the process of making coffee. Does anyone know roughly how long this process takes from start to finish? Is it difficult?

2) How close to the main town are the canopy zip line tours, and does anyone know how long it takes to actually do the zip line?

3) How long is the ride in the river tubes at Copan River?

4) And does anyone know how long the process of making pottery takes at the nearby villages (ie. Chorti Maya)? And how long does it take to get to these villages from the main Copan Ruinas town?

Any answers for either of the questions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance! I hope I am not asking too much here.

Regards.

Jacksonville, FL
reviews: 12
1. Re: A few Copan questions, thanks for answering

Hi, I can't answer all of your questions, but can give you some ideas. I'm sure some of the Copan experts will step in shortly to give you more answers!

We did the coffee plantation tour at Finca el Cisne and it was fantastic. However, we chose to do the overnight (which was well worth it, the guest house is very cool, the food is amazing, and you don't feel rushed at all) so I'm not sure how long the day tour is, maybe 7 hours or so? I believe it says on the website though, fincaelcisne.com. If not, you could just email Carlos and he will be happy to give you the information you need. I also want to point out that although you do learn about the different steps involved in processing coffee, you do not actually process the coffee yourself. That takes quite a long time, more than a day. :) You do, however, go for a horseback ride, have an awesome lunch, and hit the local hot springs, in addition to learning about the coffee.

The zip line tour is not far out of town, the company will come pick you up if you don't have a car. I think it took probably about an hour from being picked up to being dropped back off in town, about a half hour of which is zip lining. Check with Twisted Tanya's once you get to town (or email them before) and they will be happy to set it up for you. It is really fun and well worth it!

Don't know about the tubing (river was quite low when we were there) or pottery at the villages, sorry. Hope this helps and please feel free to contact me if you'd like any more info!

Ontario, Canada
2. Re: A few Copan questions, thanks for answering

Hi Letele, Thank you very much for that excellent information and for answering so quickly. It is a huge help!!

"I also want to point out that although you do learn about the different steps involved in processing coffee, you do not actually process the coffee yourself. That takes quite a long time, more than a day. :)"

Thanks- I was under the impression that people got to process the coffee themselves. Glad you cleared this up for me. :) I'm sure it would still be a great tour though.

I would definitely like to find out about the pottery though, if anyone has any info on that. Thanks in advance!

london
reviews: 11
3. Re: A few Copan questions, thanks for answering

Hi there,

Great time right now for the coffee experience, Carlos will hook you up.

You can do a hike to the villages in the mountains, and see them making corn husk dolls and pottery.

Its a morning hike including lunch at the village, and swiming in the waterfulls.

Twistedtanyas.com can help you with this, theres an office right under the restaurant,

hope this helps

4. Re: A few Copan questions, thanks for answering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 02, 2010