We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any questions?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
menlo park, ca
reviews: 69
any questions?

I know may regret this, but here's my offer. I'm leaving Monday for 2 weeks in Roatan...a week at Fantasy Island (an all-inclusive dive resort on the south side) and then a week at Sueno del Mar (a boutique hotel with diving in West End). I intend to stay wet for 5 hours a day with diving and snorkeling. But after I dry off I want to explore what's new in the areas I'm staying. i won't have a car and I will stay well clear of Coxen Hole. If anyone would like me to check something out for them, let me know on this message track. I can respond on my iPhone, but I can't see or respond to PM's until after I return. If there are already 200 TA reviews of some resort you are considering, there's not a lot I can add. But if there's something specific I can look into, I'll try. Like if so-and-so is still the dive master or bar tender somewhere.I already have more than 7 favorite restaurants in West End, so trying a new place to eat may be challenging. So ask away.

menlo park, ca
21. Re: any questions?

Ok dive fans this was the best morning yet. With everyone else on their way to the airport it was just Mel and me plus a DM certifying a Scotsman. Stil smoky hazy but no swells or wind. So we ran west to Mary's Place and I can see its reputation is well justified. Wish we had some bright sun to light it up. But this is the kind of diving that really attracts me to Roatan, the narrow cracks and tunnels and coral life. The kind of diving I'm so accustomed to from West End

Then Mel and I went over to French key for an hour's lion hunt. In a slow crawl along a slope bank we saw 6 and killed 4. Mel cuts their spines off with scissors, which is a bit gross to watch but probably well deserved. Death to lion fish.

Washington DC...
reviews: 2
22. Re: any questions?

Lucky you! Heading there next week, can't wait !

What are the water temps (surface)?

Do you take a training course for the lionfishing?

Thanks!

menlo park, ca
23. Re: any questions?

Hi Bob, water temps are 81-82 at depth. Yesterday in the late afternoon I recorded 89 in the shallows in front of CocoView. And they're still wearing wet suits.

I don't think that divers are allowed to carry spear guns. Only dive masters who have had the course and have registered their spears. So I acted as scout while Mel the DM carried the weapon.

24. Re: any questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, yesterday
Get answers to your questions about Roatan