We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 4
Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

“ Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments ”

Nov 22, 2011, 4:24 PM

I would like to book a room at this hotel in Roatan Honduras which is listed on TripAdvisor without any reviews, but the owner is requesting that I send him a $250 deposit by wire transfer to his HSBC bank. He does not accept credit cards or paypal. Is there a way to validate that this is not a scam and this hotel actually exists. Thank you.

Bob Hoskins

Roatan, Honduras
1. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

Why such determination to stay at a place with so little information? There are lots of places in West End. I doubt that Cinco Hotel is often totally booked , why not just pay when you get there, if they fill up there are lots of other reputable places, Unless your going Easter Week, then make sure to book ahead somewhere but I would not transfer money to someone unknown.

Houston, Texas
2. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

Thanks Manuel. I would like to book it because it is one of the few hotels I can really afford on my social security budget and it looks like it is a good deal if it is not being misrepresented. There are two other places in Sandy Bay that I like, but I am an above knee amputee coming down for three months to dive and will be using my bike for transportation so I'm thinking that it might be better to stay in the west end rather then bike the four miles every day. I was hoping someone would know if this place really existed or not. If I can't get any feed back then I will probably take your advise and wait till I get there.

Bob

I wander the world
reviews: 21
3. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

Have you seen this web site?

hotel-cinco-continentes.com/eng/index-2.html

It sure looks legit. I do not remember having seen it but that doesn't mean much. Ahh it looks to be outside of West End on the main road... this is the reason I have not noticed it.

Perhaps they will allow you to contact some of their past guests to get an idea of what the what is.

Edited: 6:12 pm, November 22, 2011
Roatan
reviews: 20
4. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

They are located just a bit out of town, before the turn to West Bay if you're comming from the Airport. They have a good reputation, but I can't imagin why a legitimate business wouldn't take credit cards. Perhaps you can negociate the deposit down.

I wander the world
5. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

Credit cards have a fee attached to them..in the States if you pay for gas with cash the price is less than if you pay with a credit card. Plenty of places don't take them.

Roatan, Honduras
6. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

But they could take a DEPOSIT with cc , if the people don't show up its still all profit even without the 3 percent fee. Often I have given deposits on CC when travelling but they do not run it , only would if I was a no show , then pay everything when all is done

I wander the world
7. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

Not if they choose not to.....not taking a credit card doesn't make you legit or not. Some places are cash only.... seems a sane enough sort of thing.

Manual ~ when you rule the world we will do everything your way on your time...til then people will be people don't the best they can. :)

I am self employed, I do not take credit cards.

Houston, Texas
8. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

Yes, I've been on the web site and it sure looks legit to me too, but if I wire transfer I'll lose the deposit if it is not legit. I just saw a post below from someone that is farmiliar with it so we will see. Thank you for your input. I'm going down Jan 3 to Mar 30. If you will be down at that time I would love to meet you.

Bob

Houston, Texas
9. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

Are you guys already friends or did I just start a new friendship here? Mike2008Roatan has seen them just outside of town so that makes me feel a little better about it. I'll wait a day or two and see if anyone else knows more and then probably take a chance on it. Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Bob

Houston, Texas
10. Re: Cinco Continentes Rooms & Apartments

Thanks Mike. Here is a post from their web page. Would you say that it is accurate?

Cinco Continente, a unique concept located on the island of Roatan in Honduras (in the middle of the Caribbean Sea). Located in the heart of West End, two minutes walk from the beach of Half Moon Bay, 10 minutes by taxi from the airport, Marie-Dominique and his son Jessy Welcome you.

How far from town would you say it is?

Bob

Get answers to your questions about Roatan