We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

west end beaches

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
beach haven
west end beaches

my friend and i are planning our trip to roatan and can't decide between staying in west end or west bay. i have read all the stuff about a short walk or water taxi ride between the two, but my question is: are there really nice beaches in west end, too?? or are the really nice beaches right in west bay? as in, get up in the morning and practically walk out the door and there's the white sandy beach and turquoise water??

thank you so much for any help you can send our way on deciding which location to stay.

Montgomery Alabama
reviews: 1
1. Re: west end beaches

Its simple, you can stay in West Bay at the nice beches and get taxi to west end for dining and tourist shopping and stuff, Or you can spend less to stay in West End and taxi to the nicer beach. West End beaches can't compare to west bay. As a matter of fact , some places in west end even have pictures of west bay on their websites.

Guatemala City...
reviews: 10
2. Re: west end beaches

West Bay is the place where you can wake up.. walk right out to the beach...snokel right off to the reefs. Its the most amazing beach i have ever been to in Central America. Bar none.

However you do pay extra to stay in this area.

West End is nice for the resturants and bars..but the hotels are not right on the beach. You might have an ocean view..but you can't get in the water on most of West End. Towards the beginning of the strip there is a small beach... but it compares nothing to West Bay. You can take a water taxi that is like 5-10minutes to West Bay... but you dont have that "luxury" of walking to and from the beach from your hotel whenever you want.

In West Bay check out the hotel fosters on west bay....the other hotels to check out are Mayan Princess and Paradise Beach Club (more higher priced though).

beach haven
3. Re: west end beaches

thanks for your help

Get answers to your questions about Roatan