We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seagrapes plantation in roatan

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montana
reviews: 1
seagrapes plantation in roatan

We are going to roatan in Jan of 2009 and have been considering staying and diving with seagrapes plantation. Can anyone give me input on their experience there. Specifically I am wondering about their dive operation...how may people on the boats, how was the staff, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

menlo park, ca
reviews: 69
1. Re: seagrapes plantation in roatan

I dove with Seagrape last month. The highlight of course was diving in Roatan. which is never bad. The dive operation, though, seemed a bit too laid back for me. We dove where it was convenient for them, rather than exploring more distant sites. Maybe that's the result of gas prices. We had up to 10 people on the boat, but that didn't seem crowded.

The resort is decent. The newer more expensive units are a ways from the shore and offer no views. The older cabins have good views and have front porches looking at the water. The windows are locked shut except in the bathroom, so you have no choice but to run the A/C pretty much full time. The pool is excellent. The seaward side of the property is heavy ironshore with no sand. Since the edge of the ironshore is outside the protection of any reef, there can be heavy waves at times, making snorkeling there a challenge. Most times it is possible to get into the water off some steps, but getting back out of the water is rather risky. The resort doesn't serve breakfast, but it's a 5 minute walk into town.

2. Re: seagrapes plantation in roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:26 am, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Roatan