We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dieppe, Canada
reviews: 11
Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

Is the price still $34.02 or $34.04

Is that in US dollars?

Thanks

Flowers Bay...
1. Re: Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

Are you kidding? Your talking two cents, They do not accept US change anyway. The price is in US dollars and comes actually to 33 change and they will round up to 34 unless you take the time to present honduran equivalent of the exact change

menlo park, ca
reviews: 66
2. Re: Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

I gave them a mix of lemps and bucks and got a horrendous exchange rate on the lemps.

Dieppe, Canada
3. Re: Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

Thanks for the info!

I got the price from another post.

I figured it was wierd that it was $0.02 but I figured they would find a way of making more money by rounding up to the next dollar. That's why I wanted to get more info, so I can have the $0.02 honduran if I can save them up! *lol* stick it to them at the airport ya know! ;-p

Dieppe, Canada
4. Re: Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

Maybee I'll just set aside $34 US dollars in an envelope (so I don't use it during the trip)

5. Re: Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:04 pm, May 16, 2008
Nova Scotia
reviews: 21
6. Re: Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

Have a wonderful trip! We were only charged $33 when we left in Feb. I handed her $34 and she gave me back a dollar, so I guess they don't care too much either way.

Hard earned vacation dollars can onlt stretch so far no matter what country your in.

STC, MO
reviews: 67
7. Re: Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

I thought it might be cheaper if you paid in Lemp. Used to for Jamaica if you paid in J's it came out much cheaper than if you paid in US. It would be equivalent to paying $15 if you paid in J's but was $27 if paid in US. We don't have a choice now as it's automatically added to the airfare.

Roatan, Honduras
8. Re: Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

It should be here as well ~ added to the airfare. But we need those jobs.

9. Re: Departure Tax (My last question before we go!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Roatan