We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on Departure Tax

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 90
Question on Departure Tax

I saw something about a departure tax when leaving Roatan. We're doing air only in April with Conquest Vacations. Any idea if it's already paid? Or should we make sure that we have the cash with us? Thanks.

toronto
reviews: 7
11. Re: Question on Departure Tax

Last Friday the tax was $33.19 US but since they don't have coins for change we were charged $67 for 2 people. There is an ATM at the airport but ATMs on Roatan sometimes are out of service so make sure you have the cash before you get to the airport. It's unlikely that your departure tax was paid when you bought your ticket.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 90
12. Re: Question on Departure Tax

Yes, we are flying from Pearson. No problem having the cash. We haven't taken a charter flight in years so I wasn't sure what was included and what wasn't.

We usually go away in February, not April. With the cold weather and all the snow in Toronto this year, I can't wait for April to come!

Sterling, Virginia
reviews: 32
13. Re: Question on Departure Tax

Bluehouseguy,

Thanks for the verification.

I always ask about the credit card as when I was in Belize everybody swore that it was cash only, but I used a credit card no problem.

Also, roatanonline reports that credit cards are accepted.

Regardless I'll have the cash.

14. Re: Question on Departure Tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 20, 2009