We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zip line on Roatan or mainland advice?

Which Roatan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, NY
reviews: 5
zip line on Roatan or mainland advice?

Hi, has anyone been on the zip lines on Roatan and the ones outside of La Ceiba? Which one would be the most exciting? Thanks!

mn
11. Re: zip line on Roatan or mainland advice?

I have just returned from roatan and was at gumbalimba park on the canopy tour and loved it! It was the highlight of my trip. our tour guide was wonderful and we truly enjoyed the park itself. I highly recommend this place! A great time!

alberta
reviews: 1
12. Re: zip line on Roatan or mainland advice?

We just got back from Roatan last week and did a zip line on the mainland when we were over there. We did the Sambo Creek Canopy Tour at La Ceiba. I was so impressed with the guys that work there. They just couldn't have been nicer to us. We had a special tour because we were actually up in Tela and had to get a ride, with all of our luggage including diving gear, from Tela to Sambo Creek then have us and our luggage taken to the ferry so we could catch the 4:00 ferry to Roatan. These guys were great - we had a wonderful time, you take horses up to the top of the zip line and then ride the zip all the way down then head to the hot springs that they have and top it off with lunch at a really nice place. We were very concerned to start off with about getting our luggage lost, people not knowing about our requirements etc. but were very pleased that everyone knew that we needed to get to the ferry by 4:00. Our luggage was taken with us from Tela (in a very nice 24 passenger new van - our family of 4 were the only ones on the van), they even stopped so we could get something to eat for the road trip, we were dropped off at the zip line, our luggage was taken to the hotel where we had lunch, put into another passenger van and stored there. When we arrived at the hotel, we got in contact with the tour boss, they gave us passes for lunch, and when we were ready they drove us to the ferry - it was wonderful and we were so pleased. We would highly recommend them. The website on their t-shirt is www.hcanopytours.com

Hope this helps. By the way, the zipline was great and tons of fun - would love to do it again!

13. Re: zip line on Roatan or mainland advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Roatan
Recent Conversations