We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Guanaja

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Hotel Guanaja

Has anyone stayed here? I would be traveling to the island next summer with my family. It has a couple of reviews, but they seemed old. Any first hand intel would be super.

Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
1. Re: Hotel Guanaja

I can't speak for that hotel but my photos with blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection are below in case you want to check them out; we spent about 2 weeks on Guanaja in 2008, split between Bo's Island House and Graham's Place. Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

http://bosislandhouse.com/

http://www.grahamsplacehonduras.com/

2. Re: Hotel Guanaja

WOW! Thank you. Your pictures are gorgeous.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
3. Re: Hotel Guanaja

Keep us posted!

Belize-Guatemala
reviews: 20
4. Re: Hotel Guanaja

Cant help you much with lodging, since Ive only visited Guanaja on my boat, but I like it there a lot. Much less developed for tourism than the other Bay Islands. Banaca Town is a unique place. Many great diving and snorkelling locations. Many of the local gringos and cruising sailors show up at Manatee Inn for authentic German food or Han' s place next door for over baked pizza.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 9
5. Re: Hotel Guanaja

You most likely wouldnt want to stay here. They are under construction and it could be nosiy etc. There are a few other places to stay. You will be alone and standed with no transportation to see the Island.

I have a home right next door and go often. I just got back two weeks ago. I would stay at Grahams Place if you have children. And I would stay at Bo's Place on the North side. Kids would prefer Grahams Place for sure. But Bo's is amazing as well. I tell people if they are coming for a week then mix it up and stay a few days at both. If you scuba you want to be on the North side and that would be Bo's. Ask me any questions you have.

regards,

Dan

Edited: 10:21 am, September 08, 2013
Denver, Colorado
reviews: 9
6. Re: Hotel Guanaja

And look at G and G's if you scuba and want to be on the north side. Read the reviews. Its a great place and the food is amazing.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
7. Re: Hotel Guanaja

Another advantage of Bo's is world class snorkeling from shore - really amazing. You'd have to hire a boat or a tour if you want to snorkel from Graham's. My husband successfully fished for bonefish from both but there are more and bigger bones around Graham's; they were cagey, though - harder to catch.

8. Re: Hotel Guanaja

Thanks!

Kitchener, Canada
reviews: 3
9. Re: Hotel Guanaja

We found a small cottage that comes with a boat/capt to explore the island, the reefs, grahams place etc. I havent been there yet, nor can I find any reviews - it seems rustic but we wanted to get away from the tourist areas... adventurous for sure.

We will write a report on our return.

Guanaja, Honduras
reviews: 12
10. Re: Hotel Guanaja

There are no tourist areas on Guanaja! :D That's the whole beauty of it. You want to come to an unspoiled island where the natives fill the streets? Guanaja is the place to come to! ;) What's the place called you're staying at?

Reply to: Hotel Guanaja
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja