We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

Hello, flying this weekend to San Pedro Sula, then Sosa airlines to Utila via La Ceiba. Is anyone familiar with baggage/weight limits? One person told me there was a one 50lb bag per person limit, but I just can't believe that to be true since many people flying to Utila or Roatan have a bag with dive equipment in addition to clothing. Any info is helpful, Thanks!

Annie

4 replies to this topic
Tegucigalpa...
1. Re: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

50 lbs, they charge an excess baggage fee for total weight over 50 pounds, the fee is approximately 1 $ us per pound

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
reviews: 188
2. Re: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

they handle dive gear all day, you'll probably get an excess charge. remember to pack a bathing suit, pants and a tshirt in your carry on, just in case.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
3. Re: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

Thanks guys. So, there is a charge on weight above a TOTAL limit of 50lbs, whether one or two bags. I will plan on a change of clothes and swimsuit, as I've heard from others bags often don't make it till the next day.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
reviews: 188
4. Re: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines

I've only ever been charged when a bag was over 50lbs but down here you never know :)

Reply to: Weight limits on Sosa Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja