We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upcoming trip

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fort worth
reviews: 71
upcoming trip

Hi,

Just want to give a shout out to Daniel at La Giralda Hotel in Guanaja. I have made reservations for my stay through him and definitely looking forward to visiting the island (03/15/2012 to 03/19/2012) along with meeting him & his family.

Thanks Daniel.

Jeff

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
1. Re: upcoming trip

The website and ratings are beautiful! I'll look forward especially to hearing about what sort of snorkeling, diving, and fishing access you have in that area - we've stayed in 2 other areas on Guanaja and really enjoyed them but not many people on this forum have visited.

Be sure to confirm flights (or ask the hotel to confirm if they're setting that up for you) at least once and show up at the airport extra early; there's an unfortunate history of overbooked flights to and from Guanaja. Happy trails!

fort worth
reviews: 71
2. Re: upcoming trip

Interesting comments. For some reason I enjoy those off the beaten path places. I was looking to go somewhere in March (just came back from a December 2 week adventure in El Salvador) and I have never been to Honduras/Roatan. Saw a web site and La Giralda came up.

I made my reservations through the hotel number provided at the web site.

Working with Daniel Godoy who lives in San Pedro Sula. It appears he is the contact point for the hotel.

About a week before I made my reservationsat the web site you could purchase using Master Card or Visa your stay there.

Anyway, I know what my stay will cost.

I'm hoping he will send me the confirmatation for my puddle jumper back to the mainland (La Ceiba) and then to Guanaja. Hate not having the information in hand but...

I land in Roatan at 12:13 PM and it looks like the flight to La Ceiba is at 2:00 PM on 03/15/2012

Spend the nest 5 days/4nights there and then I'm flying back to Roatan to spend it at the new hotel Paradise Oceanic Hotel. They just starting accepting reservations in February.

Will keep you posted. Any additional information ideas you would have are greatly appreciated.

Jeff

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
3. Re: upcoming trip

My photo collections with blog, travelogue, and review links are below if you're interested. Have a great trip!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

4. Re: upcoming trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:57 pm, March 07, 2012
5. Re: upcoming trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, May 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja