We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bo's vs Graham's

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 1
Bo's vs Graham's

We're looking to visit Honduras next March. Probably going to Copan for a few days, maybe La Ceiba and then 10 or so days in the bay islands. I'm thinking about 5 days each on Roatan and Guanaja. We like snorkeling, relaxing and maybe a little hiking/sight seeing.

I seen lots of comments about both Bo's and Grahams's and finding it difficult to make up my mind. Would anyone care to comment?

Also, any other tips in general for Honduras are welcome.

thanks

Alan

14 replies to this topic
Estacada, OR
reviews: 5
11. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

Bo's and Graham's are both wonderful in their own, different ways. I stayed at Bo's in June, 2011. We absolutely LOVED the remote North Shore! 10 days and not once did we see another person on the beach. The snorkeling and diving is terrific. I can't possibly say enough about the incredibly wonderful food at Bo's also. We visited Graham's while on Guanaja. I would say that the water around Graham's is the most beautiful I have seen anywhere. The marina is a lot of fun. Graham has a wonderful, quirky sense of humor and fun "artifacts" around the island. Graham's seems to be a more lively location. There is not much roaming around to do. I prefer the remoteness of Bo's but would never miss out on a day trip to Graham's. Enjoy your trip! Honduras is a wonderful destination!

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 32
12. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

Peppersprout...if you get a chance can you post info about your flights to Guanaja. Never real easy to get that info. Thanks

13. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

Hey, Alan - We have a small resort on the north shore of Guanaja. Check out Clearwater Paradise here on Trip Advisor. We have lived on Guanaja for almost 4 years and lived on Roatan for 2 years prior to choosing Guanaja for our home. There has been many changes regarding getting here since 2008. There are now direct flights between Roatan and Guanaja. Don't trust the airlines' websites! Not dependable at all! Any place you stay on Guanaja should set those tickets up for you. We add the price (about $200/person/round trip) to our invoice, purchase the tix about a week before our guests' arrival, and email the ticket numbers. Much less stressful on the guests.

Anyway, Bo's is in a great location with diving and hiking. Graham's is a small Cay, and once there, you must hire out for diving/snorkeling, fishing, hiking, etc. They don't include any activities not provided on their Cay, however, if you are looking to party and have a nice beach to hang out on, Graham's is your place. Bo's is more of an "island" experience with an island family that provides island accommodations and island food. Very nice folks.

As far as your visit to La Ceiba, you might check out http://www.villaspicobonito.com/. It is a property with a few very nice villas, restaurant/bar, and invisible edge pool overlooking the Congrejal river. Walking distance to the Pico Bonito National Forest. Richard, the owner, can set up any activities for you such as hiking, horse back riding, rafting, etc. Very nice property and priced right.

You might check into www.bluebahiaresort.com/ for your stay in Roatan. It is a small resort of condos that are managed by Ken, who also runs the restaurant/bar. It's in Sandy Bay, so is removed from the hectic West End activity and closer to the airport. It's a very nice place with good food.

We recommend going to Roatan first and then Guanaja. Many of our guests that have done both islands, preferred to end their trip with the quieter, more laid back, better diving/snorkeling of Guanaja. Roatan can be a bit overwhelming/disappointing after being on Guanaja. Hope this helps! Check us out if you want a little more "upscale" accommodations with great food and fabulous snorkeling. Contact us at clearwaterparadise@gmail.com if you want more information or have questions, no mater where you decide to stay. Cheers!

Ginger & George

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 137
14. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

For what it's worth, if you're a flyfisherman you can fish to your heart's content without a tour - the flats are full of cagey, big bonefish, some of them giants. As for partying, we were the only guests and aren't partiers and didn't see any, though a few expats showed up one day to "chew the fat" as my grandmother used to say.

Reply to: Bo's vs Graham's
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja