We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bo's vs Graham's

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 1
Bo's vs Graham's

We're looking to visit Honduras next March. Probably going to Copan for a few days, maybe La Ceiba and then 10 or so days in the bay islands. I'm thinking about 5 days each on Roatan and Guanaja. We like snorkeling, relaxing and maybe a little hiking/sight seeing.

I seen lots of comments about both Bo's and Grahams's and finding it difficult to make up my mind. Would anyone care to comment?

Also, any other tips in general for Honduras are welcome.

thanks

Alan

14 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
1. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

We spent ~a week on each in 2008. You can relax at both and the flyfishing is likely to be better at Graham's, but there's no hiking or snorkeling there unless you have them hire a boat to take you somewhere else (Graham's is on a tiny caye). The diving and snorkeling at Bo's is INCREDIBLE and there's a bit of hiking available.

Check out your flight/boat options to get to Guanaja before you commit since that can be a challenge. If you fly, know that they often overbook those flights so be sure to confirm ahead and show up plenty early.

You can check out my photos with blog and travelogue links here:

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Quick view of our time at Bo's here (click on Newer Post at the bottom for the Graham's post):

…blogspot.com/2008/08/ahhhlife-at-island-hou…

Seattle
2. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

thanks hope,

I've been searching for travel options to Guanaja and am finding pretty slim pickins. We will be in Roatan before Guanaja. Flights do seem pretty expensive.

Any advice?

Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to get a boat?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
3. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

We had weeks to spend there so timing wasn't so tight; we were able to find flights coming and going that worked. I think there's a boat a few days a week from one of the coastal villages east of La Ceiba. I'm sure you could charter a boat from Roatán but I don't know how you'd connect with that. I remember reading on the Mango Creek Lodge site awhile back that they make fishing runs over there - I'm afraid that's the only lead I know of. ¡Buena suerte!

http://mangocreeklodge.com/

Seattle
4. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

Hi Stacey,

I've looked at your pics and see that you seem to like central amer. We do also and have been to several places in Mex., Costa Rica and Belieze.

Our plan in Honduras is Copan, La Cieba, Roatan and then Guanaga. We normally like to snorkel, relax on the beach and some sightseeing.

I'm still in the planning stage and reading alot, but, if you have any tips or must see ideas, please pass on.

thanks for your help,

Alan

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
5. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

Hi, there -

Yes, we love Central America and head there every summer. In 2 years we'll be retired and will be able to spend more time in our favorite spots. There are blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection. All my recommendations for lodging, tours, etc. are there. I've always lived with a host family in Copán but can recommend Casa de Café and it's sister hotel and rentals (scroll down on the web page) and Hacienda San Lucas for lodging there. Happy trails!

www.casadecafecopan.com

www.haciendasanlucas.com

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 9
6. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

Alan,

I travel to Guanaja 3x per year for the last few years. I have a small home there so I know the Island well. My wife is from Santa Rosa Copan in Honduras so I have visited Copan a few times as well.

In regards to what you have planned. Seems like you are on track to have a great trip. I would try to make it to Guanaja if you can. Roatan is nice and you will have the beach, shopping and other tourist activities. But Guanaja is what Roatan was 20 years ago and it is very relaxing, great Scuba and just something I feel should be seen.

Sosa airlines flys to the Islands as well as some other small airlines. But Sosa just recently got a website so it makes purchasing tickets in advance easier. Here is there site = www.aerolineasosahn.com

I have a person at Sosa that helps me with questions etc. Her name is Merlin and her email is merlinmachigua@yahoo.com

She speaks or writes English. The website is in Spanish but you can navigate around for sure.

If you had 7 days on Guanaja you could mix it up a little and stay 4 days at Bo's and three at Grahams. I have stayed at both places and both are wonderful. I have Bo's info if needed. His daughter can get you a reservation. Her email = stephanybush17@hotmail.com

I enjoy talking about Honduras so ask me any questions you my have.

Enjoy your trip

regards,

Dan

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 31
7. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

Avoor...sounds like you prefer kind of off the beaten path. You might like to look into Camp Bay Adventure Lodge on the East End of Roatan. We plan to stay there next trip as the West Bay area while lovely is just too built up for our taste. happy travels

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
8. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

When are you heading there, obxpat? We'll be there in July. :-D

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 31
9. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

Not sure yet. We have July booked for the Abacos. Hope you'll let us know how you enjoyed CBAL and especially the cabinita!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
10. Re: Bo's vs Graham's

Will do!

Reply to: Bo's vs Graham's
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja