We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guanaja island club

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, South...
reviews: 10
guanaja island club

I am about to send a lot of money to Brian rowland for a scuba adventure in Guanaja Honduras. I just came across some less than flattering posts. Does anyone have some good things to say?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 95
1. Re: guanaja island club

I don't have personal experience with it but wouldn't be interested based on the terrible reviews it gets:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g292018-d663…

Have you considered Bo's Island House, similar location and we hadn't a great experience there:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g292018-d608117…

You can also see my photos (with blog and travelogue links) here (2008 trip):

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Good luck, whatever you decide!

San Salvador, El...
2. Re: guanaja island club

I just left the Island Club yesterday and had a great time diving for 4 days. Food was terrific, diving great and the place is on a beautiful beach. Brian was a very friendly host taking care of all our flight reservations and connections. Our room was amazing and had a brfeathtaking view. We came here on a referal from the US embassy. in Tegucigalpa. Capt. Rowland is the U.S. zone warden for Guanaja. I think that you will have a great time Bob. This hopefulist's reply isn't much of a help never even staying here or seeing the place.

Hollywood, Florida
3. Re: guanaja island club

I was on a dive vacation to the GIC this past fall and I had a fantastic time there. I will be returning in Feb for another week of diving with Capt. Rowland. I think that the posts you read are for some other place because if it was terrible I definitely would not return. The hotel itself is new and the accommodations are very comfortable. Nice dive boat, extra heavy tank fills and all the dive equipment works well. If you want a great adventure I'm sure you will be happy there. I am booking my intrenational flights this evening and Brian is taking care of the connecting flights. That makes booking the trip a lot easier. happy diving Bob!

Laverne Montague, Florida

Tegucigalpa...
4. Re: guanaja island club

I have been to the Guanaja Island Club several times this year once with some friends and twice with my wife and kids. We all have a great time there on the beautiful beach on Guanaja. It’s very safe for kids and lots of activities to do there so you never get bored. Capt. Rowland is a really swell guy and always goes out of his way to provide his guests with a excellent service and excellent food. He has a really nice Boy Jordan who helps his dad out around the hotel and plays with the kids he takes them fishing, snorkeling and exploring around the hotel property. Since we live in Tegucigalpa we always try to take a vacation over to the Guanaja Island Club whenever we can. Our friends have all been there and love it too.

5. Re: guanaja island club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 am, July 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja