We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Fishing

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Billings, Montana
reviews: 11
Fly Fishing

Looking for info on guided or unguided flats fishing in Guanaja.

Will be traveling late Jan 2011 or Feb 2011.

I read stories of 5lb average Bonefish , lots of Tarpon and some Permit to be had.

Where to stay in the best areas to fish.

Thanks in advance for any info

JL

1. Re: Fly Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 am, October 21, 2010
Billings, Montana
reviews: 11
2. Re: Fly Fishing

I have looked at both web sites you mentioned Grahams looks like a great do it yourself with guides available as well.How is the weather/ fishing in the months of Jan, Feb and March. Is there a "best" time to be there for better conditions.

Thanks

3. Re: Fly Fishing

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 am, October 21, 2010
North Miami Beach...
4. Re: Fly Fishing

so besides the fly fising did you try any deep water fising, or did you see any charter boats for off shore fishing

did you get a chance to wade the flats, my email is noslackal@aol.com

if you can give me info would be grateful

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 9
5. Re: Fly Fishing

JL,

I have a place there and I go often. There is only one place to contact in regards to fishing.

http://www.flyfishguanaja.com/

Email them or call Steve or Scott. They know this place best and will get you into fish for sure.

Email me any questions you have.

regards,

Dan

Austin, Texas
6. Re: Fly Fishing

JL,

I fished out of flyfish guanaja last May, it was fantastic. LOTS of bone fish and permit. In certain places theres good numbers of tarpon and snook, some big ones too. The weather was perfect, bring lots of sunscreen and bug repellant, the sand flees can be bad at times. One day almost grand slammed, but broke off two bones and never landed one. There is some deeper water fishing for wahoo, dorado, amberjacks, ect. that can be kind of hit or miss though. Best of luck!

NT

Vail, Colorado
reviews: 1
7. Re: Fly Fishing

Hello-

There are many great locals to fish around Guanaja. But the best option would be to have a boat and a local guide. We run a fly fishing lodge on Jones Key, surrounded by miles of wadeable flats. Our guides know when and where to fish the island based on the winds, tides, and moon phase. There are plenty of bonefish up to 5 lbs and this November '10 I saw more bones approaching 10 lbs than I have ever seen. There are resident tarpon from 5 to over 100 lbs but they are not prolific. The permit fishing is why we are in Guanaja. There are sightings daily for the hardest fish to catch on a fly rod! Some clients say that they see more bonefish in a single day than they seen in a week in the Bahamas......

Check out our listing on this site under Fly Fish Guanaja.

Email me if you have more questions, Steve@flyfishguanaja.com.

Tegucigalpa...
8. Re: Fly Fishing

I am planning to go back to Guanaja in March with my family and during the trip I always do some fly and ultra light fishing. We stay at the Guanaja Island Club which is on the North side. I like Grahams too but there are too many sand flies there and you are trapped on the little island and can only get off when they will give you a boat. Fishing is really good though if that’s all you do and don’t have kids. The GIC has lots of Bonefish right in front for the place right off the dock and the hotel beach all you want. Take a walk up towards the waterfall /creek mouth and you can catch permit and Tarpon. You can also walk over towards Michael Rock 10 minutes and do some outstanding fishing too. There are more things to do on the North side and you are not a prisoner there

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 148
9. Re: Fly Fishing

We split a few weeks between Bo's Island House and Graham's Place in 2008. The bonefishing continues east of Michael's Rock. We didn't have a problem with sand flies on Graham's but you're correct that there isn't much to do there; I enjoyed a relaxing week reading in a hammock while my husband fished. We enjoyed a little hike from Bo's, the snorkeling from shore was incredible, and diving with Bo was a pleasure - best diving I've ever done.

10. Re: Fly Fishing

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja