We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get to Guanaja from CA, USA

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA, USA
Trying to get to Guanaja from CA, USA

Planning trip to Guanaja to visit my father...have not seen him in 8 years. Never been to Guanaja so getting confused. Flights into Roatan, but how to get to Guanaja from there. Would it be better to fly into San Pedro Sula or La Ceiba? Who flies into Guanaja and how can I make arrangements?

THANK YOU!

1. Re: Trying to get to Guanaja from CA, USA

Hi,George here, I live here on Guanaja and due to our business here, we are dealing with the different airlines. You can now adays fly into Roatan or LaCeiba. If you did come into SP, you would still have to get to La Ceiba to hop over to Guanaja. Depending on your time of arrival at either La Ceiba or Roatan, you may find yourself needing to spend the night. There are 2 flights from La Cieba on SOSA air each day except Sundays. one at 9 am and one at 3 pm.($72 one way $135 rt) they also have a 12 30pm flight to La Cieba that connects to Guanajas afternoon flight. ($103 one way $ 192 rt) Lanhsa Air has an early flight that gets in (dont quote, they are new) around 7 30am. (i believe they are like $65 each leg) Do not know all of their flight schedules but they are supposed to be flying to and from Roatan too.(my understanding is $92 each leg) There is another new one called Rollins Air and they are just starting back up after having a plane problem. They have a new one that is being commisioned and will be doing a regualar schedule to and from both Roatan and La Ceiba. their prices will be close to the same as the others.

you'll like this, to make arrangements......... you have to have someone here get your tickets and reservations for you. No one takes Credit Cards over the phone, and some dont have credit card machines, so cash is the answer. If you fly SOSA, you can deposit funds into their stateside account and make reservations with them. If you need some further assistance, you may email me at clearwaterparadise@gmail.com and I can further assist you. Because of the slowness of our internet connection, I dont get to the forums here so often. my standard email is quicker and you will get a quicker answer than having me waiting for the web to load!

so, gotta ask, who's your dad? has he been on the island long? had just been assissting a lady that is coming to visit her dad. cool, all the dads are getting visited, my kids are to be coming to see me too! let me know if further help is needed. Oh yeah, depending on what time of the year it is that you are traveling, you can also get from Roatan to Guanaja by boat, ask me for details, we make the trip quite frequently. g

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 29
2. Re: Trying to get to Guanaja from CA, USA

Hi George

What time of year is the best for transport from Roatan via boat?

3. Re: Trying to get to Guanaja from CA, USA

Hey, your still on the forum obxpat, eh! Just decided to check it again.

I think the best times for boat travel are from April thru mid Nov. You can still have some bad seas, but you have more calm days during that period. Ther are days that we can make Roatan during the other months, but there is just more hit and miss at that time. Hope all is well to ya. g

4. Re: Trying to get to Guanaja from CA, USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja
More Guanaja Topics