We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in Guanaja

Which Guanaja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 13
Snorkeling in Guanaja

We want to go to Guanaja in February- any suggestions about where to stay and where the best snorkeling is?

1. Re: Snorkeling in Guanaja

Hi guys, just started looking into the forums and such on Trip Advisor. I saw your request for coming to Guanaja in February. Did you get your trip sorted out? If not, let us know and we will see what we can do to help you. Sorry for the late interest to the forum. G-n-G We can be mailed to at clearwaterparadise@gmail.com.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 34
2. Re: Snorkeling in Guanaja

We are looking at spending some time on Guanaja. Not much info available on the forums. One question we have is whether or not it is easy to enjoy a variety of restaurants/bars. The sites I've seen seem to limit guests to having meals at their lodgings. What type of transp is avail at what cost? We like to have a small fridge/coffee pot in our room/cabin. Snorkeling from the property is a big plus. My Husband snorkels and spends hours flats fishing. I like to dive at least a couple of mornings (2 tank) and also snorkel and do some fishing. Any suggestions on lodging? One thought I have is to spend 5 or 6 days in Sandy Bay Roatan and then a couple of days with Capt Hank sailing and enjoying the area. Will Capt Hank drop us at Guanaja?

3. Re: Snorkeling in Guanaja

Yes, you are correct, not so much info. Guanaja is " the lost island of the Bay Islands" and is also know as"the Sweet water Island". We assist people that stay with us to go to the other restaurants and bars that are available on the Island, how ever most have their own Bar/Restaurant and since all properties are boat access only, there are not a lot of persons that want to afford the charges for water taxi's. We do try to help with this. We can get you to and from some of the best snorkeling spots on a daily basis. We do 2 spots a day with the snorkeling package. The reef is right out front, but is a pretty good swim to get there, Id take the boat ride! Kayaks can get out there easy too! Sorry, no fridges or coffee pots in the rooms here, but I do get up early and make sure there is plenty coffee going on! Diving in the mornings, no problem, fishing the flats, no problem, snorkeling, no problem. We would do our best to assist you with your wants and needs. Lodging suggestions would be to go check out all the available inns on the island (there's less than 10)shown on trip advisor or at least check out www.clearwaterparadise.com. The newest on the Island. Lived on Roatan for a couple years and have traveled there as a tour leader since 1990. You will have to speak to captain Hank about the dropping off? Can be mailed to at clearwaterparadise@gmail.com let us know if we can help.

JENSEN BEACH
4. Re: Snorkeling in Guanaja

Thank You! I'll do some more cking. I'll email you w/ questions to try and avoid the TA "owls" deleting posts ;-)

5. Re: Snorkeling in Guanaja

Let us know what we can do to help. Surely no one deletes info on TA?

JENSEN BEACH
6. Re: Snorkeling in Guanaja

Since you are new to TA pls know that no one "viciously" deletes posts. As a bus owner you might want to read the "rules". They prohibit "self promotion" so it can kind of be a gray area when you are sincerely trying to be helpful. The general info you post will be a BIG help for travelers who have difficulty finding info on Guanaja so I sure hope you'll continue to post. We may very well be seeing you next Winter as a result of your help here. Guanaja was not an area I had done research on nor considered. Now I'll try to combine it with time on the mainland and on Roatan. Of course I'll have to convince my better half that the fishing equals or beats Roatan! Also have to figure out how to be gone 3+ weeks........We are self employed so....is there a time period you feel is best for clarity of water for snorkeling (?) I know you can't predict the weather. Our last trip to Roatan was March but we aren't limited to Winter mos. Thanks!

7. Re: Snorkeling in Guanaja

failed to give you the info you requested on water claity! end of march thru nov is what I think are the best times however, there are times in all months that the vis is good, just depends on what the winds and the rains are doing and when. Does tend to clear up quite quickly when the weather does let up. Hope you guys have Guanaja on your list for the new year of places to see. The great thing here is that it is still very islandy and not so touristy. A little tourism can go along way, but too much can damage a really pretty and sinsitve place. hope all is well. If you have more questions, let me know. g

8. Re: Snorkeling in Guanaja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Guanaja