We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yaxha Tour

Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 27
Yaxha Tour

I am planning to travel to Tikal alone in October. Apart from the Tikal site, I am quite keen to visit Yaxha. However I am having problem finding a sunset tour to Yaxha. I will likely arrive at Flores in Friday morning and fly out in Sunday morning. Would love to join a Yaxha sunset tour on Friday and early morning Tikal tour on Saturday. I am interested in the Yaxha-La Blanca tour organised by Mayan Adventure/Café Arqueologico Yaxha. Sent a message to enquire but they did not reply. Wonder if anyone has done the tour and can share what it is like. Other tours that I have found are all private tours, which may be too expensive if they allow solo traveler at all. How did other solo travelers visit Yaxha? Am I planning too early?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 137
1. Re: Yaxha Tour

I visited Yaxhá last summer with archaeologist/naturalist Roxy Ortiz and can't recommend her highly enough - she's incredibly knowledgeable and fabulous company. 2nd link below is her reviews here on Trip Advisor.

www.tikalroxy.blogspot.com

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g292015-d2…

Happy trails!

Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 27
2. Re: Yaxha Tour

Hopefulist, I emailed Roxy twice in the last 10 days but I have not received any response. I am not optimistic that she will reply. Maybe it is just too soon to arrange a tour now for an October trip?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 137
3. Re: Yaxha Tour

My advice is to just keep trying - in my opinion she's worth the wait/effort. Happy trails!

4. Re: Yaxha Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 29, 2014