We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping In Tikal - December 22, 2012

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 16
Camping In Tikal - December 22, 2012

Does anyone know if you can reserve a camping space during the December 22?

I have found that all rooms are sold out, and that the camp sites are usually first come first serve....are they still that way for December 22?

I plan to arrive in Tikal on the 18 or 19...should I arrive before this to get a place to stay in Tikal without reservations?

Saint Louis...
1. Re: Camping In Tikal - December 22, 2012

I have the same question regarding camping near the ruins on Dec 20-21

Planning to be in belize from the 18th and have a rental car that i may or may not drive into Tikal depeiding on the assement of risk.

What are the options for camping and probability that a safe spot would be available near the ruins for a tent and car?

Woo Hooo!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 16
2. Re: Camping In Tikal - December 22, 2012

I had a company I hired for my transfer look into it and camping will be allowed, but not reserved. Camping is free (if you bring your own stuff) otherwise the Jaguar Inn will be renting out tents.

I am bringing my own tent and hoping for the best! Should be a TON of fun!

A transfer into Tikal will probably be the same cost as renting a car. I am departing Belize City on the 19th and paid $130 for the transfer into Tikal.

Not sure about the space for Tent/Car, but I am positive that it will be very crowded.

London, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Camping In Tikal - December 22, 2012

I am planning on going to Tikal in July, staying in Flores the night before and getting the bus in for 6am. Will I definitely be able to get a space for camping at this time? Also, do they have showers and toilets for campers?

4. Re: Camping In Tikal - December 22, 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 07, 2014