We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Travel advise : Airport, Guatemala city - Panajachel;

Which Panajachel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 10
Need Travel advise : Airport, Guatemala city - Panajachel;

Hello Guatemala travel experts,

I need your advise on safe and economical travel options for a family of 4 adults (incl me)

- from Guatemala City Airport to Panajachel (flt landing at 1 pm, Sunday)

- from Panajachel to jungle Lodge, Tikal (on Dec 24th night)

- tikal to San Ignacio in Belize

thanks,

Bethesda, MD
reviews: 24
1. Re: Need Travel advise : Airport, Guatemala city - Panajachel;

There'll be shuttles waiting at the airport to go to Antigua. I'd overnight there and take a shuttle to Pana the next day. I've found TSA very reliable over there years: http://www.transportguatemala.com/index.php Hopefulist will be along with two other links. You could also take a cab to Antigua and save a few bucks, or check with the shuttle companies about private transportation from the airport to Pana. You could also book with them to get from Pana back to the airport in GC to go to Flores. I'd check with the Jungle Lodge for their recommendations on getting there from Flores.

I'll leave Belize to someone who's done it.

2. Re: Need Travel advise : Airport, Guatemala city - Panajachel;

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 17, 2014