We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helping Out

Which Panajachel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria BC
Helping Out

My two teenage daughters, husband and I are travelling to Guatemala in December and will be staying just over two weeks. During that time we would like to help out wherever we can - school, orphanage, Lake Atitlan cleanup, etc. We'll be in Antigua from Dec. 15 - 19, Chichi from Dec. 20 - 22, Jailalito from Dec. 23 - 26 and then up in the air until we leave on the 30th. Can anyone out there direct us to a project that might need some short-term help? We are also willing to bring supplies from Canada (limited to what we can carry) such as school supplies, pharmaceuticals (analgesics etc. - over-the-counter) but would like to have an idea of what is needed and where it will go. Any contact info would be appreciated.

Clinton
reviews: 4
1. Re: Helping Out

My wife and I spent about two weeks last March 2005 in or near Pana. While there, we met people involved with a wonderful school, LIFE School, an English language school with scholarships for Mayan students. Since our visit, we have remained in contact with the school, but have heard little news since the devasting storm. I suggest you go to their website, www.lifeschoolweb.com, and contact their new director, Franziska. I hope this helps. Best, Paul

Victoria BC
2. Re: Helping Out

Paul, thanks for your response. We have been in touch with Project Mosaic Guatemala located in Antigua and they are providing us with contact information among the many agencies they work with. Has anyone out there had any personal dealings with Project Mosaic? Comments would be appreciated.