We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long do I need to enjoy Lake Atitlan?

Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 4
How long do I need to enjoy Lake Atitlan?

Hello!

My boyfriend and I will be travelling to Guatemala later this year and I have the majority of our trip planned but I cant decide how long to stay around Lake Atitlan and also Antigua.

For the Lake, I would like to see as much of the small towns surrounding the lake as possible. Trying to decide if we should do it on our own or if there is a possibility of a guide to offer information, history and anything else that might be missed. Also interested in visiting Chichicastenango while there.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Wake Forest, North...
reviews: 1
21. Re: How long do I need to enjoy Lake Atitlan?

My wife and I just got back from there one months ago. We stayed a total of eight days in Pana. We visited most of the villages mentioned. That assessment is perfect.

BC
reviews: 121
22. Re: How long do I need to enjoy Lake Atitlan?

Just wanted to mention, regarding Santa Cruz---there are many tuk tuks operating, so you don't have to do the very steep walk up from the dock into town. It is a really long way!

23. Re: How long do I need to enjoy Lake Atitlan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 11, 2014