We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

Which Guatemala City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central Oregon, USA
reviews: 8
bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

Anyone have experience taking the bus to Mexico from guatemala city. What bus lines head north?

Going to San Cristobal de La Casis after my tour thru Guatemala. Thanks for any info you can give.

11 replies to this topic
Antigua, Guatemala
1. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

Hello,

I work for a tour operator here in Antigua Guatemala (Adrenalina Tours)

I can offer you a daily shuttle from Antigua Guatemala to San Cristobal de las Casas at 05:30hrs

Your other option will be with Linea Dorada Bus from Guatemala City to La Mesilla Border and from there look for another bus to San Cristobal de las Casas.

If you need something else please just ask.

Regards.

Bethesda, MD
reviews: 25
2. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

No advertising allowed on this site.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
3. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

Will be taking bus from U.S. to Guatemala. Any suggestions as to bus companies and routes?

Grateful for any help you have to offer.

La Libertad, El...
reviews: 7
4. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

http://www.omnibusmexicanos.com.mx/english depending where you're located you may need to use Greyhound to get to an Omnibus stop, actually Toranado out of Dallas operates on the US side of the border.

Take Omnibus to Mexico DF, ADO to the Guatemala border at Tapachula then Tica bus onto Guatemala City.

Deerfield Beach...
reviews: 12
5. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

You have several first class bus lines with comfortable service from GC to Tapachula, Chiapas: Tica Bus, Linea Dorada, Transportes Galgos and Maya de Oro. Then in Tapachula you should be a ble to find transportation to anywhere in Mexico.

here
6. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

I will be flying into Guatemala City and then taking a bus to Mesilla. What is a good, cheap hotel near the bus station I need to go to Mesilla? The busline I need is Linea Dorada? Is this correct? Any info is greatly appreciate.

Deerfield Beach...
reviews: 12
7. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

The area around the Linea Dorad bus terminal is not a safe area specially after dark. But a few blocks within walking distance, you can find several budget hotels including Hotel Sevilla, the place where I normally stay for about $23 w/private bath and cable TV. In the same area near 6th avenida where you can find internet cafes and fast food restaurants you can try Hotel Spring with good reviews also. You should be able to just walk in and get a clean room. Don't try to make a reservation through a booking site as they sell these two hotels for a whole lot more.

Santo Domingo...
8. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

hello , I'm traveling to Guatemala soon. and I would like to go and visit mexico also. is there a number where I can reach you at?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
reviews: 3
9. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

I plan on making the same trip. As you cross into Mexico the ADO bus is an OCC bus. The first bus stop is in Tapacula, Mexico. Your next stop/change would probably be San Cristobal de la casas. There you will be able to get on a real bus. Its quite a long ride in my opinion over 7hrs for such a short distance. You can purchase said ticket at

http://www.ado.com.mx/

It took a number of searches to get that. Not sure why there isn't a map of the buses in Southern Mexico, Everyone including the ticket sellers just name places. I like to quickly see it on a map.

Hope that helps since this thread is a year old; doubtful you will here from the first guy because if he can drive me from A to B is 5 hrs and the bus is going to take me like 14hrs. All I can say is SOLD when can get that ride.

Regards, Alan

Bristol, United...
reviews: 13
10. Re: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico

A word of advice about Maya de Oro buses - don't expect too much. Our 9 hour night trip from Flores to Guatemala City used their best service (VIP, lower deck, 2+1 seats) so as to get at least some sleep. Billed as luxury with: A/C (didn't work and so stiflingly hot), water and snacks (none available), blankets (none and went from hot to cold) and toilet (yes - but no water for flush or sink, no light to see by AND an open door!). Also no curtains on windows and noisy suspension. May de Oro should be ashamed of such transport.

Reply to: bus lines from Guatemala city to mexico
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted