We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guatemala and belize

Which Guatemala City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
reviews: 18
Guatemala and belize

Hi

I need some advise

We are presently in Aca and want to visit Guatemala and Belize

We ,My husband and myself will fly to Gua from Mex.

Need to know how many days do we need to visit Guatemala.

Can you suggest a Tour operator that will help us to organise our trip or should we do it on our own WE are fluent in Spanish

Then we want to visit Belize Can anyone suggest a tour operator to arrange the crossing from Gua to Belize and tours in Belize

Much appreciated

We are flexible We were thinking end of Jan and we can spare 3 weeks total or more if need be

Awaiting a response

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 148
1. Re: Guatemala and belize

Can you get your hands on a guidebook? They can help with cultural background and suggested itineraries as well as lodging and tour information.

3 weeks is a good amount of time to focus on Guatemala and have some time for caving and blue water activities in Belize. It's easy to set up your own route, especially since you're Spanish speakers. I'd suggest a few days in Antigua, most of a week on Lake Atitlán, then head to Tikal with a few days stopover in the Rio Dulce area enroute. If ruins interest you, there are some interesting ones to explore in the Peten in addition to Tikal, so plan at least 3-4 days there.

In Belize, don't miss the ATM cave:

pacztours.com/actun-tunichil-muknal.html

Most people visit that while based in the San Ignacio area - lots of hiking and canoing options in the area, too.

Then head to the beach. If you have time, Hopkins Village is an interesting cultural stop - a Garifuna village. Caye Caulker would be a good base for blue water before heading home.

My photos, blogs, and travelogues (lots of recommendations and links) are below if you'd care to check them out. Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

montreal
2. Re: Guatemala and belize

Thank you so very much for your info

No I do not have access to a guide book

I also wanted to know if it was safe to take tours and cross the border from Guatemala to Belize???

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
3. Re: Guatemala and belize

Opinions on safety vary. The state department sites sound scary but I've been traveling to those countries for years (1st 2 visits in the 80s) and have never had a problem. I've used Adrenalina Tours for transportation between the countries. You can check with them about package tours, though I've never done that in either country. Rainbow Travel is another one in Guatemala with a good reputation.

www.adrenalinatours.com

www.rainbowtravelcenter.com

You could also check out the Pacz site (above) more - lots of options there. Maya Walk is another one based in western Belize. www.mayawalk.com

I prefer to plan my own trips rather than hook up with package tours so I'm not much help there. I rely heavily on guidebooks to get me started so I'm not sure how else to advise you. You could check out the destination link on the Lonely Planet site. The Belize Forum, Lan Sluder's site, and the Toucan Trail might be helpful, too.

www.belizeforum.com

www.belizefirst.com

www.toucantrail.com

Good luck!

montreal
4. Re: Guatemala and belize

Thanks again for all the Info you gave me

I really do appreciate it

My husband does not like tours either but I thought it might be safer

However since we do speak Spanish fluently we should not have any problems

I will post my impressions once we take our trip and return

You have been most helpful and Thanks to Trip Advisor for making this possible .To be able to exchange tips and help others to plan their trips

Muchas Gracias

Ambrosia 7

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
5. Re: Guatemala and belize

iDe nada!

6. Re: Guatemala and belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 11, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Guatemala City