We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Taxi from Airport and Money Exchange.?

Which Guatemala City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bronx, New York
reviews: 15
What Taxi from Airport and Money Exchange.?

Where and what taxi do I take to go to our hotel (Clarion Suites)

in Zone 10 from the airport?

We should be arriving around 2 pm on a Saturday.What is the average fare?

Where do we go to exchange cash at the airport on Saturday?

Thanks for you help!

Joe

Deerfield Beach...
reviews: 12
1. Re: What Taxi from Airport and Money Exchange.?

That hotel is in the zona viva which is about a ten minute ride from the airport. All the white taxis at the airport are properly licensed/registered to operate. So, you should be fine taking any of them right out side the terminal. I'd say you can expect topay about 5/10 bucks which is only fair. You should be able to exchange money at a window s you go through inmigration and customs. Small US dollar bills are widely accepted throughout the country. But you'll get less than the official rate of exchange. There are many museums www.museosdeguatemala.org and the botanical gardens nearby.

Bronx, New York
reviews: 15
2. Re: What Taxi from Airport and Money Exchange.?

Thank you for the info.

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
reviews: 151
3. Re: What Taxi from Airport and Money Exchange.?

You will get a better exchange rate in the banks or ATMs. Lately the airport exchange has been 7.5 while the banks are offering 8.2. The banks are open until 6 pm on Saturdays, and the ATMs are everywhere in Zona 10.

Are you traveling to Lake Atitlan while here?? Look me up if you come. Lee

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 4
4. Re: What Taxi from Airport and Money Exchange.?

Most tourist hotels in Zone 10 provide free shuttle service from the airport, so check with Clarion Suites (I am pretty sure I've seen their logo on one of the vans at La Aurora). You may need to advise them of your planned arrival.

Regarding money: suggest you don't waste time in line at a bank but just use an ATM (cajero automatico). Before leaving you should call your bankcard's customer service line and let them know you'll be in Guatemala so they don't put a hold on your card (do the same for your charge cards also). There are at least two ATMs at the airport, and they're easy to find and use. There also are plenty in the tourist/commercial area of Zone 10, so you can wait until you get to your hotel before getting Quetzales. Be aware of the many ATM scams out there and NEVER tell anyone your PIN.

5. Re: What Taxi from Airport and Money Exchange.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 25, 2010