We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guatemala impressions

Which Guatemala City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 9
Guatemala impressions

We intend to make a trip to Mexico /Cuba in March our friends there reccomend us to visit Guatemala as well .We can only stay 2/3 days does it worth it and what are the main attraction to see in such a short time .Can anyone share their impressions with us?

Bradenton, Fl.
reviews: 15
11. Re: Guatemala impressions

I'm probably too late for you, but suggest a day in Guate City to visit a few places. The Museum of Anthrapology is great. It has many of the artifacts you see on Nat'l Geo covers, like the jade mask(the museums is a replica), pre-columbian pottery, native dress (old not bought from a market), stellae and repro's from Quirigua, Tikal and other sites. Also an understanding of the Mayan calender. Antigua is definitely worth two night for the serenity of the place. I love the cobble stone streets and clean air after Guate City. Tikal is woth it, but give a weels time for this one.

Marietta, GA
12. Re: Guatemala impressions

Emma: I will be traveling to Guate this coming May with a group of 8 people, 2 of the 8 are only staying in Guate for 3 days. My sugested itinerary is as follows: Day 1: Arrive at GC airport and head to Antigua. Day2: Lake Atitlan & Chichi, Day 3: Pacaya & Antigua or fly to Tikal.

Hope this helps

Marietta, GA
13. Re: Guatemala impressions

Emma: I will be traveling to Guate this coming May with a group of 8 people, 2 of the 8 are only staying in Guate for 3 days. My sugested itinerary is as follows: Day 1: Arrive at GC airport and head to Antigua. Day2: Lake Atitlan & Chichi, Day 3: Pacaya & Antigua or fly to Tikal.

Hope this helps

fisherlady28

14. Re: Guatemala impressions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 24, 2009