We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

Which Guatemala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Salvador, San...
Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

Hi, I'm planning visit to Antigua.

I'll visit for my seminar so i can get the air ticket to get there, but after the seminar to prolong my stay for trip I have to pay my ticket to get back to San Salvador and there are 2 options.

1) taking plane that costs likes 180$ 2) taking bus to San Salvador from Antigua.

So I wanna know if there is any kind of safety problem in the bus trip between Antigua-San Salvador.

I'm 23 year-old asian girl, which makes me more concerned and speak Spanish.

Which one is more recommendable?

La Libertad, El...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

Are you spending time in El Salvador or just going to the airport.

There are a couple safe ways, Tica bus from Guatemala City to the San Benito terminal where there is a hotel upstairs & you can get a taxi to the airport for about $25.

Or you can take a shuttle direct from Antigua to La Libertad $25 then a taxi to the airport $25, this way you bypass both Guatemala City & San Salvador by travelling the coast highway CA-2.

Deerfield Beach...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

www.pullmantur.com has two daily departures for San Salvador from GC. www.king-qualityca.com offers excellent service also. You have nothing to worry about as bus service between GC and san Salvador is safe as far as I know. Believe it or not, chinese and koreans have been migrating to guatemala for a long time. So, it's not uncommon to see people with asian facial features among the population.

San Salvador, San...
3. Re: Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

thanks for your message:) i'm staying at El Salvador! @Antiguo Cuscatlan! maybe the shuttle can be bettet option? where can I get more info about that shuttle bus from Antigua?

San Salvador, San...
4. Re: Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

La Libertad, El...
5. Re: Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

The best shuttle company is Arsotur E-mail: arsotur at yahoo.com I'll pm you the phone # they'll drop you off at any hotel/hostel you want or at a place you can get a taxi to the airport from La Libertad. I have used them, good people.

Also Bon Voyage in Antigua http://www.bonvoyageguatemala.com I used them once no problems but have heard they don't always make a booked pickup from La Libertad back to Antigua.

Fort McMurray...
6. Re: Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

@abuelo_13 Thanks this info helps me alot also as I will be in El Paredon surfing and then want to go to the beaches of El Slavador and if possible I wanted to avoid going directly into the city!!!

La Libertad, El...
7. Re: Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

#6 as I posted on the other thread, if time is no object & you're adventurous, chicken buses are also a safe alternative.

Antigua, Guatemala
8. Re: Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

Hello Travellers,

We have been running the shuttle between La Antigua to El Salvador beaches (Cobanos, Mizata, Zonte, Sunzal, Tunco, La Libertad) for 4 years and i do confirm you that we can pick-up our guests in La Libertad.

For any informations you can email us at : info@bonvoyagecentralamerica.com

Best regards,

Bon Voyage Central America

9. Re: Bus to San Salvador, is there any safety problem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 16, 2014