We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento
Where to go

I am planning a vacation for my boyfriend and I for next spring. We are looking for an AI resort that is also near a great beach, zip-lining, white water rafting, and plently of wildlife. Any suggestions on which part of Costa Rica would be best and what resort is recommended? Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
1. Re: Where to go

The all-inclusive resorts are all clustered along the north pacific coast with only a couple of exceptions. They represent a tiny fraction of lodging options in Costa Rica and they are not located in areas with plenty of wildlife but in the drier corner of the country. You may be able to take daytrips whitewater rafting from pacific beaches but don't count on it as rafting can be limited at the end of the dry season (April) due to water levels in the smaller rivers near the coast.

Might make more sense to head inland to Arenal first for 3-4 days for a chance to enjoy whitewater rafting, ziplining, hotsprings and wildlife before heading to an AI on the beach. Arenal is the adventure capital of Costa Rica and generally much more lush than the north pacific coast.

Might want to check out an earlier forum post about AIs which include a list of options on the last page at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k4639…

Edited: 11:48 am, July 10, 2013
2. Re: Where to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 12, 2014