We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I hire driver from our beginning or destination hotel?

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 11
Do I hire driver from our beginning or destination hotel?

We're going from SJO to Arenal to Manuel Antonio, then back to SJO.

I'm hiring the driver from the Arenal hotel to take us from the airport to Arenal.

Should I contact the Manuel Antonio hotel or the Arenal Hotel to hire a driver to take us to Manuel Antonio?

Thanks.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
1. Re: Do I hire driver from our beginning or destination hotel?

You can contact the hotel ahead of time or just book your driver when you check in.

You can also just book a driver on your own. www.tucanlimoservices.com gets rave reviews here in the forum.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
2. Re: Do I hire driver from our beginning or destination hotel?

Sorry - I forgot to add -- if you like the driver that picked you up at the airport, you can just make arrangements with him to take you from Arenal to Manuel Antonio.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 104
3. Re: Do I hire driver from our beginning or destination hotel?

You can do it either way. I usually check with both and compare prices. We always book our drivers through our hotels, and it's worked out great for us. We book when we reserve the hotels.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Do I hire driver from our beginning or destination hotel?

Try not to pay the transfers in advance...wait until you get to Costa Rica...and you can see the vehicles and meet the drivers...

roadadvisor

5. Re: Do I hire driver from our beginning or destination hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 24, 2014