We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festivals in February 2013

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Herts
reviews: 26
Festivals in February 2013

We'll be in CR from 6-25 Feb. I have found references on the web to various festivals but there are no or conflicting dates for this year. Can anyone confirm "Fiesta de los Diablitos" in Rey Curre, "The Mule Festival" in Parrita, and the "Festival of the Sun" wherever.

Kitchener, Canada
reviews: 72
1. Re: Festivals in February 2013

I just got back from Parrita and apparently the Festival de las Mulas is this coming weekend Jan 27, 28, 29 and 30 and the following weekend as well with the highlight being Sunday Feb 3 which is the last day. I hear it's great fun, however I believe you will miss it if you are not arriving till the 6th. The were starting to set it up at the fairgrounds this past weekend when we were there.

Kitchener, Canada
reviews: 72
2. Re: Festivals in February 2013

My last post I was looking at the wrong month on the calendar....It starts today and goes over this weekend and next weekend.

Here is the link: www.detope.com/index.php…

This is what it says: From January 24 to February 03, 2013 the canton of Parrita is celebrating with the traditional Festival national de mules, which develops in the fair field of the (ASOBIPA).

Offers variety of activities include the competence of career of mules and horses, stop, riding Championship, the rally of tractors, concerts, dances, exhibition of machinery, foods, carousels, in addition, admire and purchase crafts and crafts of the area.

Herts
reviews: 26
3. Re: Festivals in February 2013

Thanks very much for the info. Hope you had a great time, sorry we'll miss the festival.

4. Re: Festivals in February 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 27, 2014