We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel an hour from San Jose direction Puerto Limon ?

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ile Bizard
Hotel an hour from San Jose direction Puerto Limon ?

Hello,

We will be arriving in San Jose at 5:00 pm and will rent a car. Is anyone can suggest a place to stay at about one hour drive in the direction of the Caraibe Coast.

Thank you

France

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 43
11. Re: Hotel an hour from San Jose direction Puerto Limon ?

I have another option for you. There is a brand new Hyatt Place hotel in Curridabat almost bordering Tres Rios. It is right off the main highway to Cartago. I would suggest this option for several reasons:

It is easy to get to (even in the dark) and you will have finished the most challenging part of your trip (going through San Jose) before you head out in the morning.

There is a fantastic plaza adjacent to the hotel where you will find numerous restaurants ranging from fast food to ethnic to fine dining.

You could easily visit Vulcan Irazu (or other Cartago attractions) in the morning before heading to the Caribbean.

I prefer the drive on Route 10 to Siquirres to route 32 the whole way as it is more scenic and generally safer.

New Hotel …hyatt.com/hyatt/…

Momentum Plaza http://www.momentumpinares.com/publico/

12. Re: Hotel an hour from San Jose direction Puerto Limon ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 17, 2014