We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

My current plans for early March look like this:

SJO to Arenal

Arenal/La Fortuna - 3 nights

Monteverde - 1 night

Tamarindo - 3 nights

Santa Teresa/Montezuma - 4 nights

Manuel Antonio - 3 nights

San Jose - 2 nights

San Jose needs to stay 2 nights, but the rest is pretty flexible. I like the idea of all of these places, but am not necessarily set on the amount of time. Ultimately I think I'm trying to decide about Tamarindo and Santa Teresa/Montezuma.

Is 3 nights enough in Tamarindo? And is 4 nights too few to split in some way between Santa Teresa and Montezuma?

Things I care most about: meeting people, attempting to surf, hiking/swimming near water (waterfalls), and trying to find a balance between nightlife with relaxation.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

Based on your info maybe montezuma is waiting for you..

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

Roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

Seattle, Washington
4. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

Thanks so much for your insight!

I like the idea of shortening Tamarindo, and Montezuma sounds exciting to me - sounds like from what I've read Montezuma takes care of hiking, relaxation, water, and surf :)

Think there are plenty of social opportunities?

Seattle, Washington
5. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

(btw - I am a 20-something male and will most definitely be staying in hostels. I've seen a few that stand out to me, but if there are any suggestions I'm definitely open to looking into them)

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
6. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

pension lucy is a 5 minute walk from town and right on the water's edge. don't forget the montezuma falls!

Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 1
7. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

Hi Mike~

Full disclosure; I am owner of Blue Surf Sanctuary in Santa Teresa...

Looking at your itenerary you are getting a variety of activities. Of course depending on what you like to do or want to try, there are many opportnities to surf, zip line, snorkel, etc along your coastal travels. If you are driving you will be able to see and do more as well.

In Santa Teresa there are great restaraunts and live music. People here are very international, social and warm.

Regardless of what you do or where you go or what you do while in Costa Rica it will be a memorable trip!

Seattle, Washington
8. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

Awesome - I'm excited! Thanks so much for the info!

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

So sorry for my 3 answers...It was send while I was parked by Hermosa beach...send it from one of our cars...I better practice more with our wi...

roadadvisor

10. Re: Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 16, 2013