We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Work of warning on Kingfisher Sportfishing

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leitrim, Ireland
reviews: 78
Work of warning on Kingfisher Sportfishing

Just some friendly advise on anyone thinking of booking with this company. My husband and his friend booked four days with them for a total of $4,000.00.

1st day the owner was surfing when they arrived to fish lost nearly 50mins time.

2nd Day, arrived and the boat was broken, they never called the hotel to let them know wasted 3 hours at the place and had to come home. They decided not to book with someone else but to give the guy the benefit and see if boat fixed.

3rd day. Taxi never arrived they had to call him to see where it was, another hour lost, taxi arrived after they phoned him.

4th day, all went ok. Fishing was really bad but they did not complain about this, only time lost.

That evening they tried to negotiate with the guy in a friendly way, re time lost ect. He blew his top and was verbally abusive and swearing. My daughter was in the villa listening to all this and was very frightened. He even asked them to bring him Irish whisky which they did, he told them where to put it !!!!!!!.

He revved his jeep at the front, but daughter was very upset. They payed him $2900.00 cash for three days and could not get a receipt from this guy either. Really upsetting . Aviod them.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
reviews: 57
1. Re: Work of warning on Kingfisher Sportfishing

Is this Kingfisher in Carrillo?

Thank you for sharing - that's certainly no way to run a business and/or treat customers.

Leitrim, Ireland
reviews: 78
2. Re: Work of warning on Kingfisher Sportfishing

Framptonian yes it was in Carrillo. Its such a shame as Costa Rica is a lovely place and we hope to return. But will need to find another company for the Fishing.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
reviews: 57
3. Re: Work of warning on Kingfisher Sportfishing

That's interesting. Kingfisher has been around for a really long time and I don't remember ever hearing anything negative about them. That said, I didn't hear anything particularly positive either but simply noticed that they exist.

For years, I have watched them pull back into the bay in the late afternoon and thus, assumed that their business must be flourishing and that customers must be happy with the services rendered.

I am not into fishing myself and perhaps that has kept me out of the loop.

At any rate, your report is duly noted.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
4. Re: Work of warning on Kingfisher Sportfishing

Sounds like the owner needs to go back and learn about customer satisfaction and how that fits into an overall business. Sorry to hear about your troubles, good of you to post and let folks know about it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Work of warning on Kingfisher Sportfishing

HUmmm...not nice...maybe they have to find the time to surf and to work...some people really like the easy way...costumers have to wait for them...that is terrible...

Thank you for sharing and sorry about the problem with the SURFING LAZY fishing company!

roadadvisor

Costa rica
reviews: 40
6. Re: Work of warning on Kingfisher Sportfishing

Very, very surprise in more than 20 years knowing this company ( with RR as the captain) never heard any thing bad about them, except for the, once in a while, very slow action days, that happens to every body.

Very sad to read this.

Pura Vida ...

7. Re: Work of warning on Kingfisher Sportfishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 16, 2013