We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destinations from Toronto to Costa Rica

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton New...
reviews: 3
Destinations from Toronto to Costa Rica

Hi, We are planning a 1 week trip from Toronto to Costa Rica in late January,2013....we want a place with more rain forest than beaches...Out of these 5 places listed below , can you tell me which would be the best all inclusive area :

Jaco

Liberia

Playa Tambor

Potrero

San Jose

Thank you

Nana

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 22
1. Re: Destinations from Toronto to Costa Rica

None of your options are rainforest areas in part because the number of all- inclusive resorts in Costa Rica is very limited and markets to the beach crowd - not eco-tourists. The majoirty of all inclusives are clustered along north Pacific beaches which are located in dry areas with much less rainfall than rainforest areas.

San Jose, the capital city is smack dab in the middle of the country far from beaches and roughly 2 hours from rainforest areas. I would not recommend it as a base due to sprawl and traffic in the metro area.

Jaco is a surfing town and while I am not a fan of Jaco it is within an hour's drive of Manuel Antonio and rainforests to the south and east.

Tambor is a beach resort facing the Gulf of Nicoya and within reach of a couple of nature areas, and although these are wooded and contain wildlife they are too dry to be designated rainforest.

In fact if you really want proximity to rainforest you should look at booking an air-only option with your charter out of Toronto and then checking out spots on the Osa peninsula adjacent to Corcovado National Park. While hotels in this area are not true all-inclusives, most of them offer packages that include all meals, tours and transfers leaving you with just the unknown cost of drinks. For true luxury check out Lapa Rios. Also El Remanso, Bosque del Cabo, and in Drake Bay, Aguila de Osa and La Paloma. There are also many less expensive options in the area if interested, but I wanted to start you off with the best.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Destinations from Toronto to Costa Rica

For AI...maybe around Liberia...some are about 1 hour away...but not rain forest ...

From Playa Tambor you can visit some nice areas about 45 minutes away...Cabo Blanco...Montezuma...Mal Pais...Santa Terezaa...but no rain forest!

roadadvisor

Moncton New...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Destinations from Toronto to Costa Rica

thank you for your input....I think Liberia will be the destination to choose....much appreciated!

Nana :)

4. Re: Destinations from Toronto to Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 15, 2013