My wife and I are wanting to make our first trip to Central America this coming March. Costa Rica seems like the perfect place!
I've been reading through the forums, but I'm fairly ignorant about towns and geographical regions in CA. I'm hoping the TA experts can help us out with a town and hotel.
Here's our wish-list:
1. Visiting the Sloth Sanctuary is one of the primary motivations for our trip. So, we'll want to be somewhere near there.
2. We're huge beach lovers. If possible, we'd like to stay in a town with a beautiful beach and at a hotel that is on the beach.
3. We generally like smaller, high-end boutique hotels, but we'd be willing to stay at a larger place if it doesn't feel too much like Disneyrica.
4. We like to explore and escape from the hotel for meals. So, we wouldn't want something too isolated.
5. We'll be flying from Chicago. Ease of transportation to and from the town is a consideration for us.
Based on this information, are there any recommendations for specific towns and/or hotels that may fit the bill?
Thanks in advance!Edited: 11:02 pm, August 21, 2012