We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Turquesa Residences

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
reviews: 5
Bahia Turquesa Residences

This resort is showing up on an Interval exchange search but I do not see anything on Trip Advisor for this resort. Is anyone familiar with this resort?

339 replies to this topic
Oak Grove, Missouri
31. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

Does anyone have an email address? Booked for Feb.

Marsha

Nanaimo, Canada
32. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

really happy to read your post. 4 of us are heading down for 3 weeks in March so having this inside scope is great. we are all snorkelers and divers so hope to check out the water. is there a barbacue at the units

Canada
reviews: 1
33. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

AnniJM - here are some answers to your questions:

-yes, there are towels & sheets (just not wash clothes or what I would consider a dishcloth)

-WiFi is $30/week if you want it in your unit or free if you use it near the main office. We paid for it and are very glad we did

-we forgot Raid so bought some in a grocery store here but we haven't used it. We have only received a few bites

-I believe the Travel Agency will arrange rental cars although if you know you want one the whole time you may want to pick it up and drop it off at the airport.

-There are 3 restaurants on site that share the court yard with the main front office and some nice grocery stores in town

Enjoy your stay :)

Edited: 8:19 pm, December 12, 2012
Canada
34. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

Catrinandpete - here are your answers:

- no barbeques or ovens (just microwave and stove top)

- we snorkel almost every morning for 2 to 3 hours. The best area is along the right edge of Coco Bay (when facing the horizon). Walk along the beach until it ends & go in there

- if you want a change you can take a taxi ($6 to $8 dollars) to Ocotal (ask to be dropped off at Father Rooster. It is a restaurant and they will call a taxi for you when you are ready to leave. On the left side there is a tiny island where you *may* see eagle ray or reef shark (we didn't) but we saw a few different types of moray eel, puffer fish and other fish. We felt the snorkelling on the right side was better.

- You can also go a bit further to Witches Rock or book a snorkelling tour

*if interested, here is a link to some photos I took of the area and snorkelling

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Canada
35. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

Marsh833 - are you looking for an e-mail for the resort or the travel agency?

The person to e-mail about the shuttle and other travel agent questions, contact carolina at: carolina@cocoadventures.com (phone #: 506-2670-0635)

The e-mail for Bahia Turquesa is: customerservices@bahiaturquesaresidences.com

The new website address is: http://bahiaturquesaresidences.com/ (this replaces www.cocosunsetvc.com)

Highlands Ranch...
reviews: 33
36. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

thank you so much for the pictures....very relieved and so excited...

Oak Grove, Missouri
37. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

Thank you so much for the email address to Bahia Turquesa. Do you know anything about the fishing? Thanks for all the info!!!

Oak Grove, Missouri
38. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

Your pictures are fantastic!!!

San Clemente...
39. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

Ann, we are eagerly awaiting your post after your December stay! Did you need a car to have good mobility to enjoy the beaches, community, and restaurants? Are the facilities, staff and amenities at the resort up to par now?

Rebecca

Didsbury, Canada
40. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

Update - and greetings from Costa Rica.

Thank you for your great updates riftvalley84, and for your gorgeous photos. It's neat to be here and recognize the views - we are down on the same level as the pool so don't have the panoramic view that you do. What sort of underwater camera did you use when snorkelling?

Johnnymmmm - in our second bedroom, there are twin beds - one built bunk-style over the desk - perhaps I'll take a photo if you want one. I'm not sure about other units. There is an oven in our unit, so it must just depend on the unit style. Bug repellant: I am particularly vulnerable for some reason, and I have received quite a few bites around my ankles and lower legs - my husband, not so many. So I would bring repellant and you can use it if you need it. It depends where you are and what you are doing - the beach seems to have more mosquitoes or other 'bitey' things in the evening.

Each of the three restaurants in the complex is different and good. There is an excellent fish restaurant run by an Italian - and he will cook your catch for you after fishing. The other 2 have French Canadian influence and Italian. In town - about a 10-20 minute walk (depending whether you go by the road or the beach - and also how fast you walk) - has many good restaurants according to your taste. Woody's Bistro is already a favourite - described as a gastro-pub - and where we have met lots of neat people - mostly expats. Playa del Coco (the Beach Club) also has great food and service.

I think RiftValley commented on the tours and the contact, Carolina, who is absolutely fabulous. She's a ball of energy and delivers over and above.

catrinandpete, there are diving tours in town, if you can't get them here (not sure on that one) and a couple of different snorkelling ones from Coco Tours (Carolina).

Marsha833 contact Carolina at the email RiftValley gave you for tours and fishing etc., and see my comment about the restaurant that cooks the fish (Mediterraneo).

SunflowerRJ - we do not have a car here and we don't feel we need one. Taxis into the town are plentiful and $2 US (equiv) - rental cars are not cheap - neither is gas. You can also get local buses, and taxis to other places seem to be reasonable - and negotiable. Tom (if you are with II) and Carolina both have good contacts for car and driver.

The staff are all excellent and extremely responsive - everything we have needed has been provided immediately and cheerfully! I have only seen our unit, and things like a burned out lamp bulb and a squeaky door were dealt with right away.

So, yes, I would say that the amenities are definitely up to par now, and, where you might find a small deficit, ask and it will be rectified. At the same time, you need to remember that CR is tropical and surrounded by jungle and ocean, so you do need to be prepared for what that offers.

I hope that answers most questions for now - I'll add later and I will also add a link to photos when I have posted more.

We are here till the 27th - so more news later as we discover it. :)

Reply to: Bahia Turquesa Residences
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted