We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Turquesa Residences

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
reviews: 5
Bahia Turquesa Residences

This resort is showing up on an Interval exchange search but I do not see anything on Trip Advisor for this resort. Is anyone familiar with this resort?

339 replies to this topic
costarica
reviews: 1
1. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

this is a new name used now, the previous one was coco sunset vacation club,,,same pictures, same condos, same area,,why did they needed to change name????????maybe you should read the forum for coco sunset vacation club trip advisor or the best one is redweek forum for coco sunset vacation club, and you will understand they need a new look;;;;;

Maryland
reviews: 5
2. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up.

Elmhurst, Illinois
reviews: 33
3. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

We have just booked at week at this resort for next February, and now I am very nervous after reading some of the Coco Sunset posts. Has anyone stayed since they have changed their name and can you tell me about your experience please. Also do we need to rent a car to go to the attractions? do they have a concierge at the resort to book our excursions? Thanks!

Didsbury, Canada
4. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

To tennismimioffour:

I have read your messages above - and we are booked for this December for Bahia Turquesa Residences. I wanted to hear the situation for myself, so I called the property and spoke to, first a front desk staff, and then to the General Manager.

There has been a change of management, and the change of name reflects that these are privately owned residences. There are a few that are available through Interval International, as I understand it.

I felt very comfortable after my conversations, and I suggest you do the same as I did. That way, your mind will be set at rest before you go.

The fishing village with restaurants and other attractions, Playa del Coco, is about a 10 minute walk. I am not sure what else you are looking for - and this will be my first time - so your question about the car might be something you can ask the staff. Apparently a van will come to the airport for you if you arrange it closer to the time.

I will also post here after our vacation.

I hope this helps.

Ann

Didsbury, Canada
5. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

This is a copy of a response I made to another reviewer regarding Bahia Turquesa Residences. I post so that you will read the information that I discovered about this property:

I have read your messages above - and we are booked for this December for Bahia Turquesa Residences. I wanted to hear the situation for myself, so I called the property and spoke to, first a front desk staff, and then to the General Manager.

There has been a change of management, and the change of name reflects that these are privately owned residences. There are a few that are available through Interval International, as I understand it.

I felt very comfortable after my conversations, and I suggest you do the same as I did. That way, your mind will be set at rest before you go.

The fishing village with restaurants and other attractions, Playa del Coco, is about a 10 minute walk. Apparently a van will come to the airport for you if you arrange it closer to the time.

I will also post here after our vacation.

I hope this helps.

Ann

Edited: 7:17 pm, October 16, 2012
Seattle, Washington
6. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

If anyone has stayed at Bahia Turquesa recently, please post a review! I was just changed to this resort after I had exchanged my week somewhere else and that fell through. I had taken this resort off my list because of issues reported under the old name, and now, like others, I am nervous about what I might get when I arrive. Thanks.

Didsbury, Canada
7. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

James, I have not stayed there yet, but my mind has recently been set at rest by a phone call with the Manager who reassured me.

I have posted in two places - maybe three - in response to concerns on this site. Please look for my posts - and if you can't find them get back to me here.

Look at #5 of 7.

My handle is AnniJM

Ann.

Edited: 11:03 pm, October 18, 2012
New York City, New...
8. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

I have booked Bahia Turquesa for end of Nov - and also looking at all the reviews or lack there of...im still excited - like Annie says above I will contact the residence and speak to the manager for more info and will keep you all posted

Didsbury, Canada
9. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

Thanks for your response, SB. I look forward to reading your additional information,

Would you review after your stay? That would help to get some up to date information.

I will also review after our stay, which is in mid-December.

New York City, New...
10. Re: Bahia Turquesa Residences

yes I will review afer my stay there.

I did call them and so far have been very nice and patient with all my questions

Reply to: Bahia Turquesa Residences
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted