We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transport?

Which Costa Rica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Goshen, Indiana
reviews: 6
Private transport?

We have made two trips to the Puerto Viejo/Cahuita area in the last year. We'll be returning again this December. In the past, we've used shared shuttle service arranged through Gecko Trail Adventures, and it has worked well. Because of flight timing this trip, we want to arrange private transport from the airport to Cahuita on the day our flight arrives. (Around 1:00 P.M.) Any recomendations on who to use? We were planning on using Gecko Trail to book again, but thought we'd ask for advice and alternatives from those that have used private transport in the past. Thanks!

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
1. Re: Private transport?

www.tucanlimoservices.com -- highly recommended.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
2. Re: Private transport?

There are several good drivers to choose from. Shop around, some now have Wifi in the vehicles. Danny also gets excellent reviews.

Odyssey Tours (Diego and Alvaro) - info@odysseytourscr.com

Oscar Chavarria - oscardrivercr@gmail.com

Willy - w_opciones@yahoo.com

Wilson - wilson_elsy@yahoo.com

Carlos Bogarin - encantados@ice.co.cr

Danny Jimenez - crdannytravels@yahoo.com

Leo Rodriguez - leratravelcr@yahoo.com

Juan Carlos and Rubier - tjtransfers@gmail.com

Tucan Limousines (Luis) - rocio@tucanlimoservices.com

Cheers

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 33
3. Re: Private transport?

I would check with Gecko Trail, they just started operating a shuttle that leaves right from the airport. I believe their afternoon shuttle is around 3 which would be perfect if you arrive around 1 pm.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
4. Re: Private transport?

Thanks Midori, I will add Gecko Trails to my list, great company, I am sure there transfer services are top notch.

Goshen, Indiana
5. Re: Private transport?

Thanks for the suggestions! We've already contaced Tucan Limo, and are waiting for a response. We've also been in touch with Gecko Trail Adventures. We'll see what they say. Not neccesarily looking for the best rate, just want reliability!

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 4
6. Re: Private transport?

Hi--We always use Alex Hernandez Vega for all our and our guest transportation. He is reasonably priced, speaks excellent English and is always on time. He is always willing to stop and point out things as well as stopping to shop if wanted. His email address is alexhv456@hotmail.com

Can't recommend him more highly. He will actually be picking us up from the airport when we arrive there tomorrow and as never been late! Hope this helps.

Goshen, Indiana
7. Re: Private transport?

Thanks everyone. We've made arrangements with Tucan.

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
8. Re: Private transport?

You wont be disappointed with Tucan Limo Services, they are excellent!

south riding,va
reviews: 27
9. Re: Private transport?

we are narrowing our search beyween Danny and Leo who both seems eager to earn our business.

who do you think we should go with?

Edited: 8:55 pm, May 08, 2012
Oxford, United...
reviews: 14
10. Re: Private transport?

I would add support for Alex Hernandez Vega. I have used him on many occasions: always reliable. Has a new bus (June 2012), very comfortable, and with wifi.